• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX doesn't show any changes made in ADE 1.78 or 1.79. No runway, or building edits will show

Country
unitedstates
Windows 10. Using ADE 1.78, and ADE 1.79 changes I have made no longer show in FSX. I have been working KGVW and deleted all past history of ADE with this airbase using the FILE MANAGE for windows and a search for kgvw*, as per forum suggestions. deleted and reinstalled three time and still no changes show. I have change my settings so many time that I'm sure sure my ADE suffer from terminal tinker Ides. I have read the manual and changed them to what I think is the correct setting for FSX Steam. I know about the SDK problem with Steam and have fixed that portion of it I hope. I tried the Thirty Day Free Key and that's when I think it broke, everything thing after that, I mess up trying to fix it. No I need help on it all! This program is a great stress releasing tool and I need it, but I need to see the end result in FSX. Can anyone help.
Mike
Port Huron Mi. USA

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
What folder are you compiling the BGL files to? Are you *positive* that this folder is listed as Active in the FSX Scenery Library?

Country
unitedstates
I've tried both \addon scenery\scenery, fsx\scenery and fsx\scenery\scenery. I'm not sure how what "Active" means. I've never knowingly de-activated any scenery that I know of. All "Setting Scenery Libraries" have a check and addon scenery is at the top.
Mike
Port Huron Mi. USA

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
1603103747066.png

the compile path should have \scenery at the end - you need to be compiling to the Addon Scenery\scenery folder and it seems you are not

Country
unitedstates
It seemed to stop displaying changes in FSX at the same time I tried to use the Fifteen free key. Is there a way to un-do the key thing? Will buying the the program overwrite this problem and install anew?
Mike
Port Huron, Mi. USA
View attachment 63879

the compile path should have \scenery at the end - you need to be compiling to the Addon Scenery\scenery folder and it seems you are not

Country
unitedstates
Found it deleted it, ADE crashed! Re-reloaded ADE 1.78 same old thing. Would it help if I bought the individual license for $49.99? Will this overwrite everything and start fresh? I'm willing, I just need the program to work. It really is a great stress relief.
Mike
Port Huron, Mi. USA
Remove Prokey.dll from the ADE Plugins Folder to remove the ProKey

This might be helpful

loaded

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Do not purchase any license - that will not help. Just to be clear you are saying that you can compile a project but it does not show up in the sim - is that correct? I notice that you have the steam edition of FSX - is that correct. Please post the log file : https://scruffyduck.screenstepslive...8/l/199769-how-do-i-send-you-the-ade-log-file and also the ADE project file (.ad4 extension) that you are working with.

Country
unitedstates
Found it deleted it, ADE crashed! Re-reloaded ADE 1.78 same old thing. Would it help if I bought the individual license for $49.99? Will this overwrite everything and start fresh? I'm willing, I just need the program to work. It really is a great stress relief.

Remove Prokey.dll from the ADE Plugins Folder to remove the ProKey

This might be helpful

loaded
Do not purchase any license - that will not help. Just to be clear you are saying that you can compile a project but it does not show up in the sim - is that correct? I notice that you have the steam edition of FSX - is that correct. Please post the log file : https://scruffyduck.screenstepslive...8/l/199769-how-do-i-send-you-the-ade-log-file and also the ADE project file (.ad4 extension) that you are working with.

I really appreciate your help.

Attachments

• KGVW_ADEX_MT.ad4
    21.7 KB · Views: 191
  • KGVW_ADEX_ADE.ad4
    21.7 KB · Views: 197
Country
unitedstates
Sooner or latter I'll get my stuff in one sock! Yes to Steam. Yes to compiling. No to show in FSX-S.
Thanks again for patience.
Mike
Port Huron, USA

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
please zip the log file and try again - I am getting an error on the one you posted above

Country
newzealand
I had no problem adding the 2 buildings you can see to your file,
i did need to add the starts to both ends of the runway so i had somewhere to start from!
as you can see there is no runway center line because you have not added the black runway link to the runway

Attachments

• KGVW.jpg
    KGVW.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 179

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
On the face it you do not have a proper SDK installed

1604387228308.png

FSX:SE does not ship with a n SDK so the paths you point to don't work. The advice for FSX:SE users is to download and install the P3D v1.4 SDK which is free and which is the same as for FSX.

You can get it from the Resources section here

1604387366890.png

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Please check whether this button near bottom left of ADE is red or green. If it is red then click it and it may tell you what is wrong - a missing
compiler for example

1604390128166.png

Also can you confirm that you are actually trying to compile the project?

1604390388134.png

Country
unitedstates
The button is Green. I downloaded the suggested SDK, and deleted the folder SDK, (the old one) from the FSX folder. Does it make a difference as to which of the 2 I down load. I chose V2. It had no effect. I can also add buildings but they and any other changes made in ADE won't show in FSX-SE. Here's what I see after making changes to Runway 01 in ADE. It should be active with proper markings. I added a start on Runway 01, however it makes no difference. I flown into this airbase just to see if it could be my save FSX-SE start but it didn't show any changes. Can you explain "you have not added the black runway link to the runway"? I have never accomplished this before and had no problems. As you can see I should be running into something anyway I turn. Could there be something with my computer?
Thanks for patience and time.
Mike
Port Huron, Mi. USA

Attachments

• KGVW Closed Runway 11-03-2020.JPG
    KGVW Closed Runway 11-03-2020.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 191
  • KGVW_ADEX_MT.bgl
    28.9 KB · Views: 191