FSX KML doesn´t compile

Hi,

I have downloaded FSXKML v.1.10, install it, and setup the paths to work properly. But it doesn´t. Some trouble is when trying to build the BGL file. Attached are two images with screenshots of what I got. The errors in DOS prompt are in spanish, and means "system couldn´t find specified route", and "system couldn´t find specified file". I check the paths and are fine, also have installed FWTools 2.2.1.

My system is WindowsXP SP2, and I'm using FSX SDK SP2. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance! :)

The problem es when: Running Run_SDK_Tools.bat

Attachments

Last edited:
Could you run the bat file manually (uncheck "run sdk tools")... and put pause statements in and see which line is causing the problem?

Hi Matthew!

I run without check-in that box and runs fine. But when trying double-click over the bat file the same problem comes again in the DOS prompt. "System can´t find specified route".

PS. What is "pause statements"? Sorry...

I mean, in the batch file... try and find out which line is failing. I assume it cannot find FWTools or maybe some of the SDK tools because your path has been specified incorrectly?

I mean, in the batch file... try and find out which line is failing. I assume it cannot find FWTools or maybe some of the SDK tools because your path has been specified incorrectly?
Hi Matthew, thanks for your replies.

Attached is a picture with the paths...or tell me what files do each tool needs to open in the path file, so I can find them...but I think there is correct.

Attachments

Hi Matthew, thanks for your replies.

Attached is a picture with the paths...or tell me what files do each tool needs to open in the path file, so I can find them...but I think there is correct.
Well...didn´t work. I try to compile it manually, but when I drag and drop over the "Run_SDK_Tools" or the "BGLComp" I got no BGL file, and I can print and screen the attached screen with some data of the error.

Also I attach the KML file (In the ZIP), and here is the XML generated by FSXKML:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<metadata xml:lang="en">
<FlightSim>
<Geometry clipLevel="15"></Geometry>
<AttributeSet>
<AttributeBlock name="FreewayTrafficRoads" guid="{54B91ED8-BC02-41B7-8C3B-2B8449FF85EC}">
<Field name="NumberOfLanes" type="UINT8" />
<Field name="TrafficDirection" type="CHAR" />
<Field name="Uuid" type="GUID" />
</AttributeBlock>
</AttributeSet>
</FlightSim>
</metadata>

Hope this can help you to fin what can be wrong.

Thanks a lot! :)

Attachments

I was able to compile your file without any errors.

I've attached all the files so that you can compare, good luck!
Thanks a lot!...I can´t find why I do not compile... :(

As soon as I double clik the "Run SDK Tools" the problem starts at DOS prompt. Saying that can´t find the specified route. Can you send me a print screen of your build option path please? Thanks in advance!

Hi Nudge, thank you very much!
I have the same configuration but nothing happens. I have installed FWTools 2.2.1, maybe something wrong with that? Or something wrong with my windows? :confused:

Hi Boris,

I don't know. It could be anything, sorry I can't be more help.
Hi Nudge,

Thank you very much. I have tried with dot and comma, and now with FWTools 1.3.5. But still the same. So I think that the problem is with the Run_SDK_Tools. Because FSX KML makes the four files (SHX, XML, etc):

FSX KML 1.10 (Beta)
Build started
Processing C:\Boye\Diseño escenarios\Herramientas FSX\FSX KML\streettest.kml
Writing Shapefile C:\Boye\Diseño escenarios\Herramientas FSX\FSX KML\FWXSTREETTEST
Writing Shp2Vec XML file - C:\Boye\Diseño escenarios\Herramientas FSX\FSX KML\FWXSTREETTEST.XML
Running Run_SDK_Tools.bat
Build completed

Except the BGL file. When I double click the Run_SDK_Tools file it pops up a message error that "can´t find specified route"...like there is no SDK directory found. But there is it. :confused:

The only thing I could suggest is to install the SDK on the same drive as FSX.

It should not matter, but you never know.