• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX/P3D : Abidjan Airport (DIAP) Ivory Coast

Country
france
------------------EDIT :--------------

Last scenery update is the Beta V0.9 avalaible here
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi !
I'm new here, so ... hello everyone !

I'm working on the Abidjan DIAP Scenery In Ivory Coast since mid 2016, it’s actually a very complex scenery because of the bad work made in Africa in our default sim,I had to rework a lot of things, mostly about the mesh, the altitude of the Airport and of the city is about 230Ft over the reality !

The scenery feature a very large Photoreal Ground in about 50Cm/Pixel (Maybe more in some areas) who cover the whole city, including the airport, and a hand placed autogen (Again because of the poor datas in thoses countries, OSM doesn’t helped me a lot !)

So here is the link for some more screens and the download Link at the end of the page : http://alexandnicosimulation.blog4ever.com/abidjan-diap

I need your Feedback to know if there is some problems with the scenery that could be solved, Thank you ;)

Alex !
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 1,519
Last edited:
Country
france
Thank you !

I'm working on new buildings for the airport :

The Security building :

851602Sanstitre2.jpg

The South Terminal (National)

132597Sanstitre.jpg

And a military Parking :

425446Sanstitre1.jpg

I'm adding some Autogen to the "Port d'Abidjan" :

421577201672320342474.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 645
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 662
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 726
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 614
Country
australia
Nice work. Thanks for the scenery, and the other sceneries on your website. They look great.

Country
france
Thank you !

In fact , they are not custom models , they are native FSX objects adapted (width, length, height, texture ...) and placed by hand , placed by myself , yes !
So the FPS impact is extremely low and the Visual is very Nice !

Here is another screen :

773548201672613147566.jpg

Hi there,

It took me a while to get down from Quebec to Abidjan (I needed a french speaking pilot and a STOL aircraft from my partner in Quebec), so I had to fly, with stop overs in Greenland, Iceland, Scotland, France, Spain, Morocco and some more fuel stops in Mauretania (luckily it was a STOL aircraft), to get down to your scenery.
Tired and thirsty, we were getting close to the approach

Abidjan1.jpg

What struck us was that the airport surroundings were so reddish compared to the rest of the countryside, but there could have been a sandstorm or something?
Anyway, we landed VFR because the the weather was OK and we did not trust ATC because we got no clearance to land. We did so and expected a huge fine but as no other air or ground (AI) traffic was in sight, we gambled on landing safely.

Abidjan2.jpg

And we did and asked for instructions to go to the gates or to the parkings.

We were first asked to go to gate 3 but there was no indication of what taxiway exit we should use. So we requested again and were told to go to gate 14.

Abidjan3.jpg

But where is gate 14? and what taxiway do we take? Let us try the first one.

Abidjan4.jpg

Oh, ooh. Now what? This is rather complicated following those taxi lines! And we still do not know where gate 14 is.

Abidjan5.jpg

In short, we just parked somewhere and asked for 'une boîte' where we could have a drink.
It is not a very pilot friendly airport at the moment.

I hope I have explained (in a maybe unusual way), the shortcomings of this scenery.
But that was to be expected when you only have worked for one month on it.
So, keep up the nice work that you already did, but work on it some more.

Cheers,

Country
france
Hi Roby ,
Thank you very much for your complete feedback, effectively the Taxiway look very Complex :eek:
I'll Add some Taxiway sign , and i'll too work for the readability.

For the Reddish aspect , I'll work on that , thank's again ! :)

Last edited:
Country
france
Hi !
So , i'm working on the taxiway since yesterday evening , i'm proud to show you the result ! :D

All parking has her Sign , with her name :

1541302016727233443910.jpg

A all new taxiway system , easy to follow ;) :

9425512016727234118141.jpg

3803102016727233854221.jpg

All will come with the 0.6 version !

I'll add some ground marks , it's difficult to see the sign when we are far !

Here is the link of the ground map , with all the parkings : http://www.ais-asecna.org/pdf/atlas/coteivoire/abidjan/pdf/abidjan-01a.pdf

How do you like it ? :)

Country
france
Hi !
Some news about the taxiways :

1380402016728231938127.jpg

7946612016728232217592.jpg

The result is very Nice , but i would make a custom ground , it would be better , i'm working on ...

Country
germany
Is it just me or arent the taxi-lines a bit slim in comparison to the edge lines?

The taxi lines should be maybe double the size to be visible well and the edge lines a bit slimmer

Last edited:
I downloaded your latest.
And I ask myself:
- If it is an update, then why not just make a download file for the updated parts? Now you have to download 345Mb each time.
- Why does he put a part of his scenery in the scenery\global and the rest in the addon scenery? I want to keep my scenery\global intact because afterwards you do not know what is default or addon anymore.
- Why is there a whole airport in the scenery\world\scenery? There should only be a 1kb stub. Like this it will not work.
- How come that there is so much stutter? And I found that when I back up the autogen.bgl and the autogen_sketchup.bgl everything is fluent again but without buildings and trees.
- What about the scenery objects then? Yes, they are too heavy. Too many drawcalls. As the first and easiest solution he could at least LOD the objects. That would already help a bit. It could also be the trees. They are not autogen and probably very heavy on the FPS.
The airport itself has become a lot nicer!
My :twocents: :).

Country
france
-If it is an update, then why not just make a download file for the updated parts? Now you have to download 345Mb each time

I do that because of the people who hasn't downloaded the scenery before ;)

-Whydoes he put a part of his scenery in the scenery\global and the rest in the addon scenery? I want to keep my scenery\global intact because afterwards you do not know what is default or addon anymore.

The custom Objects doesn't work if you put them in Add-on scenery/Abidjan-DIAP ;)

- Why is there a whole airport in the scenery\world\scenery? There should only be a 1kb stub. Like this it will not work.

This BGL is an Altitude correction file for the Airport , in this file there are all the default Abidjan Airport , but at the real altitude of 6.5Ft.
This file do nothing if you use ORBX because they replaced all buildings ;)

- How come that there is so much stutter? And I found that when I back up the autogen.bgl and the autogen_sketchup.bgl everything is fluent again but without buildings and trees.

Oow s**t ...
With my Laptop i don't have a lot of FPS problems , i'm near 30/40 with P3D !

I would try to replace all the trees with Annotator to see what happen , and i'll try too to delete some little buildings ...

- What about the scenery objects then? Yes, they are too heavy. Too many drawcalls. As the first and easiest solution he could at least LOD the objects. That would already help a bit.

Thank you , i'll try !

It could also be the trees. They are not autogen and probably very heavy on the FPS.

There are not Autogen ??
I'll try with Annotator , we will see !

The airport itself has become a lot nicer!

Thank you for your feedback :)

In the meantime we have been together on Skype so what I write here is only for the ones that follow this conversation.
I do that because of the people who hasn't downloaded the scenery before ;)
Right, I understand, but your scenery has not been published yet. So the ones that (at the moment) are really interested, are the ones that downloaded you first scenery that was rather unfinished still.
The custom Objects doesn't work if you put them in Add-on scenery/Abidjan-DIAP ;)
Well, the custom objects work fine when you put both the bgl's and the textures in the addon scenery\ Abidjan\ folder and activate that one (unless I have missed out on some???)
With my Laptop i don't have a lot of FPS problems , i'm near 30/40 with P3D !
You must have a very expensive laptop:).
Thank you for your feedback
We will get there because I like your scenery very much!