• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA FSX SDK no manual installed

Country
australia
HI,

I have FSX:SE and P3D V3 installed.

I have just tried to install the original FSX SDK from the Gold edition Disc 1, and it seems to have installed OK, but there is no manual. I'm sure I could find some documentation anyway, maybe I saved a copy of the file somewhere, and I know I can find a copy of the ESP documentation which is basically the same.

From memory installing the other SDKs replaces the original manual with a less comprehensive version.

I will install up to the FSX Acceleration SDK anyway, but can anyone tell me why the manual would have not installed? I am a bit concerned that maybe the installation had some other problems too.

The SDK is installed to the default location in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK".

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Country
australia
I found that no manual and no start folder entry was created for FSX and FSX SP1 SDKs. When I installed the FSX Acceleration SDK both the manual and the start folder entry were created. This hasn't happened before, but I think I would have had the box version installed (FSX Acceleration) when I installed the FSX SDK previously.

Cheers,

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Look in the FSX_SDK\SDK folder for the fsxsdk.chm file. That is the "manual".

Country
australia
Look in the FSX_SDK\SDK folder for the fsxsdk.chm file. That is the "manual".

Thanks Bill. I was actually referring to the fsxsdk.chm file when I was referring to the manual.

It wasn't installed with the FSX or FSX SP1a SDK, but it was installed with the Acceleration SDK. I installed all three, one after the other, and it was only after installing the Acceleration SDK that the fsxsdk.chm file appeared.

It may have something to do with only having FSX:SE installed, and not the original boxed version, but I don't know.

Cheers,

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Ah, that may well be the case. I know that the "SDK" that DTG includes with FSX:SE is not complete at all, which begs the question of why they even bothered to include any of it to begin with. It's just a confusing waste of space.

I asked them once back during the beta testing but never got any answer to the question...