• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX version

I was going through the tutorial on SDK installation, so at a certain point I ran the ADE-check tool (see attached).
So I discovered that my FSX.exe is Acceleration (10.0.61637), while all other fsx files (dll's etc) in root directory are SP2 (10.0.61472).

Surprisingly, I have the Deluxe version CD, updated with (downloaded) SP1 and SP2. Never owned or used Acceleration version.
The same for SDK; I have the version included in Deluxe, updated with SP1a and SP2.
I really cannot understand how this can be the case, or what could upgrade the fsx.exe to 10.0.61637 leaving everything else to 10.0.61472.

How this can be the case? Please help me here to understand.

Attachments

• ADE-Check-Report.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 606

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I have no idea. However it is possible that the Environment Checker is mis-interpreting. You should always also check whether the SDK and FSX are actually working or not. Also I do not know what differences there are in the FSX excutable between Sp2 and Accel - they may be similar or have the same version number. The environment checker is looking at the fsx executable. Mine is 10.0.61637.0 (FSX-Xpack.20070926-1421) and I do have the Accel pack installed.

I would suggest testing everything and see if there are really any problems or whether this is a phantom 'error'

The fsx.exe is indeed version 10.0.61637 (as seen in "properties" of Windows Explorer), so it is not misreported by Environment Checker. And indeed all other files in root directory are 10.0.61472.
I guess that in your installation as an example, the other files in root directory (besides fsx.exe) will be also 10.0.61637, same with executable.
In my installation fsx.exe is 10.0.61637.0 (FSX-Xpack.20070926-1421), while
all other dll's or exe's are 10.0.61472.0 (fsx-sp2.20071210.2023).
I cannot get SDK menu appear yet in FSX menubar, but I will uninstall, reinstall and try again.

What really thickens the mystery is that Acc can be found only in cd (which I do not have) and not in any kind of download.

Besides SDK functionality, this strange thing makes you think about other issues (ctd's, addons problems etc).

PS. Just a silly question. Is there any possibility that SDK's updates can interfere with main FSX installation?

I would be grateful if other Deluxe users (upgraded to SP2) could check their files' versions and give some feedback.

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
The SDK installs separately from FSX so unless by some unusual mischance it is installed IN the FSX folder (I have unfortunately see a case at least) then it should not interact.

Yes, SDK is in its own folder for me also.
The question was if SDK is updating/editing any standard FSX files.

Country
unitedstates
I see that your log also lists an incorrect version of fs9. I wonder if all this has anything to do with installing everything in default locations.

Bob

fs9.exe is present in every fsx installation for compatibility with some addons or something of the sort.
Main thing that this file is version 10.0.61472.0 (fsx-sp2.20071210.2023), as everything else, besides FSX.exe :eek:

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
That begs the question of precisely why the FS9.exe stub file in FSX's root folder is being reported on at all...

...and being reported as though the user actually had FS9 installed!

This seems to be a really "Bad Idea" who's consequences to the unwary could be massive confusion, as well as an unnecessary point source for failure. :twocents: