FSXME proximity trigger on enter conditions

i'm trying to add conditions to my proximity trigger so it detects if i'm at a cirtain bank angle for example. i'm just starting with simply logic until i figure it out.

so in my proximity trigger, i set an OnEnterConditions of [Bank] > 45

so when i fly through at a bank angle of greater than 45, nothing happens, no trigger. what am i doing wrong here?

thx

Interesting.

I assume the area is correctly set, especially for altitude - AGL or MSL (that gets me every time.)

I assume your Proximity trigger is set up thusly:

Activated: True (or has something that will set it to true)
OneShot: True or false - doesn't matter
ObjectFilter: User
OnEnterFilter: (0 refs)
OnExitFilter: (0 refs)
OnEnterCondition" [Bank] > 45
OnEnterAction: - whatever action
OnExitCondition:
OnExitActions: (0 refs)
Areas: - your area
IsGlobal: False

and that the Bank angle is set to "degrees" on the left side of the condition statement.

If so, it should work

That said you could try this:

Activated: True (or has something that will set it to true)
OneShot: True or false - doesn't matter
ObjectFilter: Reference <- from the drop down menu
OnEnterFilter: [Player] <- the +P button
OnExitFilter: (0 refs)
OnEnterCondition" [Bank] > 45
OnEnterAction: - whatever action
OnExitCondition:
OnExitActions: (0 refs)
Areas: - your area
IsGlobal: False

The only other alternative - not as elegant - is to string together a proxy trigger with an inactivated property trigger - i.e. [Proximity Trigger] - > [Activate Node (set to true)] - [Property Trigger (Active set to false)([Bank>45])] - > whatever the action.

The issue with doing it the "hard way" is that you will have to set up the OneShot fields properly to achieve what you want. So if you will allow the "flyer" more than one chance to try to fly through the area at 45º Bank, then the proximity trigger oneshot needs to be false. The property trigger oneshot can be true or false depending on what your final action is - i.e. adding to a counter, one shot would be false. However, if it is a "One Attempt Only" deal then the initial proximity trigger onset is True.

If neither of these works, let me see how you have the Proximity trigger and Area are set up.

Cheers

Great video! I assume ORBX Yosimite scenery?

I also get that error message when trying to grab coordinates - seems to happen when FSXME has been hidden for a while while FSX is running. Like you did, try again and it works the second time.

Interesting fact about having to set the one shot to false to get the proxy trigger with a condition to work correctly. I did not know that…explains an issue I once had…evidently once you trip the proxy area, it considers the trigger tripped even though the condition was not met.

This video shows some of the mission work I'm doing for a product called a "simNovel" - essentially a series of missions tied to an (hopefuly) interesting novel - the reader/flyer uses the missions to advance the plot.

Good luck with your mission - looks like fun!