• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX FXEditor portability

Country
france
Thanks Arno,
I was thinking about creating a software to work on the effects for a long time because I found no tutorial.
Unfortunately I code extremely slowly.
But you did it!
Thanks again.

Ps: the software is it "portable"

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

What do you mean with the software being portable?

Country
france
Hi Arno,
it's a French term I guess.
This is the case of software that works in a USB key and does not need installation.
What is interesting is that it can be used on a locked computer.
I use this kind of software (an editor to program) when I leave all week and I don't have my pc.
For Fxeditor, can it work without FSX, without installation and without administrator permissions?
Often I code myself (very small things as a multiple object placement tool for FSX) to get there.
thanks

Country
france
I just gave it a try, it will miss the access to the textures.
I am attaching a photo.
But already I can work.
Have a good day

Attachments

• testFxEditorportabilité.jpg
    testFxEditorportabilité.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 133
Country
france
Its good,
you just have to put all the files in the same folder (I copy the Effect file from FSX)
There are alert messages for the configuration but it is nothing.
Thanks

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

My tools don't need admin rights or use an installer. So they are quite portable. But as you found out they might need a FS installation for some features.