g max problem - CoCreate Instance () failed

Hi,...

I just installed g max and i got an error message. I have searched the forum, but couldn't find anything regarding this error. That's what it says:

CoCreate Instance () failed
Please check your registry entries
CSID {FO88EA74-2E8711D3-B1F3-00C0F03L37}

Can anybody help me on that?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Humm, I have never seen that error before. Which gamepack did you install and did you start GMax with the special shortcut for that gamepack?

Hi Arno,

I installed the FSX SDK Gamepack from the SP1 and loaded up the oilrig scene.
When I open g max without a scene it does not appear. I did not try any other scene. I'll do that and if it doesn't appear it might be problem with the scene itself...

PS: Yes I use the shortcut from SDK folder.

n4gix

Resource contributor
Hi Arno,

I installed the FSX SDK Gamepack from the SP1 and loaded up the oilrig scene.
When I open g max without a scene it does not appear. I did not try any other scene. I'll do that and if it doesn't appear it might be problem with the scene itself...

PS: Yes I use the shortcut from SDK folder.
Actually, I get the same error whether I open the OilRig example in GMax or Max8. After pressing one until all the "errors are acknowledged" the OilRig will load, and export just fine.

Save the loaded model as a new iteration, and from then on you will get no error messages.

The DC3 .max file exhibits the same CoCreation error(s) as well, yet it too will export just fine and - once resaved as a new file - the error(s) are gone! :eek:

To remove the ....CoCreate Instance () failed

Right click on the FSX_Gmax shorcut and run as administrator.
I had created a new Gmax on a new computer and when i copied my SDK files i was re using the FSX_Gmax shortcut. I created a new shortcut and this may have also removed the error.

Hi,...

I just installed g max and i got an error message. I have searched the forum, but couldn't find anything regarding this error. That's what it says:

CoCreate Instance () failed
Please check your registry entries
CSID {FO88EA74-2E8711D3-B1F3-00C0F03L37}

Can anybody help me on that?
here by the same!!! 13 years later :0... running as admin solved!