• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v3 G1000 cockpit

Country
sweden
hi, as I am thinking about starting to develop My first ever Aircraft I just want to now if it is possible to make G1000 to the VC or ist that really really hard?

Thanks, Noel

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
It’s quite easy to model the casing and knobs. Programming it to replicate G1000 functions and display? That’s hard, really hard.

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Not quite so hard as a G1000, since the PFD is a continuous display of the flight instrumentation. With cunning you could almost build one without a heap of coding, but adding navigational info makes it a coding job. The Garmin would be a serious project by itself, never mind the aircraft and VC modelling, etc.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
If you're asking about it, it's at least one step above your current skill level.

Country
sweden
Okay, thank you, one last question, is there any good tutorials on how to develop a aircraft for FS?

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
There are tutorials on modelling, tutorials on mapping and tutorials on texturing. There’s none I know of on flight modelling, setting up the cfg files, getting your project into the sim or effects other than the SDK documentation, but this forum is full of people asking questions on all these subjects and sharing answers.

It’s too big a subject for one overall tutorial, so where did you want to start and what can you already do?

Country
sweden
I see, Well there is the thing at the moment i am just trying to think about a aircraft that I would like to spend some time to model on, so that might take som time, but the thing i that i am new to fs developing so I don’t now anything.

Country
unitedkingdom
Think long & hard about which aircraft you want to model as it will take up a considerable amount of your time! Also do some research, try & find a good 3-view aircraft plan image (top or bottom, side & front view), detailed photos (these will come in handy when trying to model a particular part) & technical data (dimensions & performance).

Good luck.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
The first step to making your own aircraft for MSFS is getting acquainted with a modeling tool. Blender is the best choice since it has a MSFS export plugin, is free and works on Windows 10.
Once you have a basic model there, you can focus on getting it into MSFS.

Country
us-arizona
Its one step at a time. Today, you make a wing. Tomorrow, you cut out the aileron and make the opening sections and walls and curved interiors. 3 days later is the flap. When you get the wing done, you map it (all the parts), then clone it to make the opposite wing.

One part at a time, one gauge at a time. If you have help, that really helps out tons. If you re-use stock gauges, that helps. If you have a gauge builder work with you, that massively helps. If you get permission to use someones gauge, that works great.

One day at a time, one part at a time. Tons of helping souls here to answer questions, and tons of tutorials on YouTube.

What program were you going to build it in? You need a 3D program (Gmax, 3ds Max, or Blender, etc). You need a painting program, like Gimp or Photoshop. You need an SDK (converter files, etc) for converting your work to model's for FS to use.

Ronald

Resource contributor
TIP-1: Download my "Blender2FSX Getting started Guide" over here:
This guide is aimed at beginners and intended to get you quickly up-and-running with Blender (itself) and the Blender2FSX toolkit
In the appedix you will find lots of links to a lot of (other) Blender related articles, tutorials and fee downloadable e-books
- http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resources/blender2fsx-toolkit-getting-started-guide.191/

TIP-2: Start here with the famous Krispy1001 "Blender2FSX toolkit"video tutorial series on Youtube
These videos are a "must read/watch" to get you started with basics of blender modeling AND the B2FSX toolkit
- https://www.youtube.com/user/kpgamemods/videos?flow=grid&sort=da&view=0

TIP-3: Download my video transcript from Krispy1001 Blender2 FSX tutorial videos over here:
These video-transcripts can act like a kind on an subject index and can assist you to quickly find back a certain issue in all videos
- http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resources/blender2fsx-krispy1001-tutorial-video-transcripts.192/

TIP-4: Take a look to my own YF16-Prototype WIP thread over here:
Here i'll share my personal experiences with very 1st Blender project - building the YF16 Prototype
- http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/wip-general-dynamics-“yf-16-prototype”-project.440049/

Wishing you Happy Blending and looking forward to your first Work In Progress screenshots Noel.

Country
sweden
maybe a dumb question but how do I do the "smooth and round" form of a plane in blender? because in Krispy1001's tutorial the plane he models is really edgy.

Country
sweden
how do I make the model more like this? like how do I make the modeling for like a cockpit if you understand? so not the whole plane. just the cockpit section.
search