• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 GA Aircraft at SNA Gates

I have no idea what to do anymore; I have about several Gulfstream jets parked at John Wayne's gates. There is already very little gate space available at SNA, so I cannot afford to lose any space to GA aircraft.

So here's what I did, one at a time:

1.) Increased parking size for GA traffic (the "ramps").
Failed

2.) Assigned the GA parking the actual code of the Gulfstream aircraft (G3ja, something like that).
Failed

3.) Since the GA traffic clearly have a liking to parking at gates even when they are not supposed to be there (codes for airlines assigned there), or the gates are already really big to begin with, I labeled some of the GA parking as "gate" and reduced the parking size to 13, which was the exact parking size of those Gulfstream jets.
..... failed

I just don't understand why they insist on parking at the big jet gates when there are options to park at smaller sized parking.

The Gulfstream jets have a size of 13 and are assigned to park at the ramp, but they still park at the gate....

Take a look in your aircraft.cfg maybe there is some thing like this atc_parking_types=RAMP,GATE
If you have this remove GATE,i have seen this before by some AI aircraft.

Jan

Take a look in your aircraft.cfg maybe there is some thing like this atc_parking_types=RAMP,GATE
If you have this remove GATE,i have seen this before by some AI aircraft.

Jan
I'm afraid it's no use; they are only assigned ramp, all Gulfstream aircraft (I identified a particular plane as N388M; it was assigned ramp, gate size 13, code.... something something 'g' and some numbers).

Add more parking spots due your flightplans are expanded that's why too many AI planes filled it up more. Go look Google Earth there are more parking spots all over ramps to compare your ADE parking spots are empty on ramp so install more parking spots.

Stuart

Add more parking spots due your flightplans are expanded that's why too many AI planes filled it up more. Go look Google Earth there are more parking spots all over ramps to compare your ADE parking spots are empty on ramp so install more parking spots.

Stuart

There's already a lot of parking available and big enough for a CRJ7, but it looks like the problem is that no aircraft wants to occupy it; there's never an aircraft parked except in this section right here. The other spots are always vacant. I could add parking elsewhere, but I'd prefer to just to figure out why they won't park where there's already parking.

Note that there's no taxi-way links anywhere; it's all apron. I'm wondering if the problem has anything to do with the fact.

This is an older thread I realize, but I eventually realized there was an issue with priorities in the scenery library; while I didn't check to make sure that AFCAD file I deleted was from the past or maybe a new one I just added, I think the problem was I had a duplicate AFCAD so no matter what edits were in place, the scenery kept calling that unchanged afcad (which kept happening even after installing a completely new scenery!!).

Changes were noticeable afterwards.

Lesson learned; always check for duplicates and make sure the afcad with the changes has the highest priority.