• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Gardermoen 2017 - FSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country
norway
Currently doing an new version of my Gardermoen (ENGM) scenery since the real life airport is getting some major upgrades that's expected to be completed in 2017.

09_zps31838159.jpg

10_zps3a9fb180.jpg

04_zpsd0a43188.jpg

12_zps0debd908.jpg

14_zpscdfa6273.jpg

13_zps594ef2d0.jpg

15_zpsb07e7c65.jpg

Country
us-arizona
That is flipping insane! Umm can I channel your skills for a little while!
I know, sounds a little weird. Just disregard.. :p

Country
norway
Jokes aside though, if there's anything I can help you when it comes to scenery development, just let me know :)

Okay. Here is my 50 cents.

How about piffing up Torp as of today. With millitary hangars etc and the sivilian part of Torp. It should not be that hard or??

G.H.

Country
germany
I know i repeat myself. But please keep VAS-Usage in mind. The problem OOM has replaced the FPS-issue as the major culprit of FSX-grief. So you will always need to balance the visual details and VAS, because you will hardly find anybody today still flying with a vanila-FSX.

Otherwise, looking forward to your update!

Country
netherlands
Awesome, I like the current version, but the performance isnt really that great. I hope you can make it more fps friendly and still keep the amazing quality :D

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Wow! It is really detailed airport. Hope the fps is friendly enough to fly. The bigger airport, the more compromise between the details and frame rate has to be done.

Last edited:
Country
norway
If you model/texture smart and keep the draw calls to an absolute minimum it's actually kind of surprising how much detail you can put into a scenery before it starts to stutter. I've got some tester that have access to the alpha build throughout the development that make sure the scenery runs smooth. :)

Country
norway
Won't it be hard to model the new upcoming pier in detail, I image it'll be hard to know exactly how it will look in real life. Or do you have some kind of inside information? :D

Country
norway
Won't it be hard to model the new upcoming pier in detail, I image it'll be hard to know exactly how it will look in real life. Or do you have some kind of inside information?
Not the easiest thing I've done, but luckily I've got a couple of guys inside the fence that provides me with the information I need :)

36_zps00362265.jpg

35_zpsac0087f5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.