FSX Gate markings not flat on ground

I have the gate markings library objects that work pretty good. I add them to my kind, but when approaching the gate they are sticking up about 6". They're still on the ground but not flat on the ground. I have other airports that have them with no problems. The altitude is set to 0. Can't figure out what the problem is.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Looks like that area may not be perfectly flat. Try adding another flatten polygon, or exclude the default one and add your own?

I put a flatten around the terminal, but the gate markings still stick up a few inches. Other airports I've used the at work fine. Any other ideas that might work?

gadgets

Resource contributor
They're still on the ground but not flat on the ground
Do you mean they are sloping, bumpy, ???.

If the former, perhaps you've inadvertently applied a small bank or pitch value to their placement. Do you have another version of this airport in your add-on scenery or perhaps an old elevation stub in SWS. Is this airport at the top of your scenery library? If not, what happens when you place it there? A screenshot or posting your ad4 file would give us a better understanding of your situation.

Don

Don