• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v5 Gauges conversion question (from FS9/FSX model to P3D) xml

Country
poland
Hello,
firstly - my knowladge about creating gauges is on the level -1 😄 but Id like to use model, created from FS9 in P3Dv5.
In fact, I noticed it in many models, where old xml is used, also newer for P3Dv5 ( but after some of updates from FS9>FSX>P3D like for example Ants Airplane Tiger Moth / PBR for P3Dv5) and I would like to explain what is going on, I know that the problem is just about this xml, old gauges.

Description of issue:

Ok, I need UH-12 model, found old Piglets model (free and its quite nice still), now it's converted to P3D by G.Arena (mdl) https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=pppershillerp3dv4.zip&Author=&CatID=root in the last year.
It a very simply rotorcraft with simply avionics also:

.... but I noticed every few seconds big FPS drop from VC (stutter every few sec) in P3Dv5. The example of this "stutter" on Ants Tiger Moth (and its confirmed from few users)

I discovered, that if I remove all gauges (XML) from this Piglet's UH-12 model (or Tiger Moth) its ok with FPS again, so something is here, in xml gauges, textures are ok. In new models, created for P3D4.4+ (perhaps with new SDK and tools) haven't those problems and works fine.

I think it needs to be converted to P3Dv5 in some way with new tools.

I know that in SDK its an ACE tool ( SDK\Panels and User Interface\Panels).

What I noticed, I can open with this tool XML Gauge samples from SDK path, for example stopwatch:

BUT when Id like to check this xml gauge from this UH-12 model I see this.... nothing happens:

Here is example from for example OH_23 battery xml gauge:

<Gauge Name="Battery Switch" Version="1.0">
<Image Name="mstr_batt_bckgrnd.bmp"/>
<Element>
<Position X="0" Y="0"/>
<Select>
<Value>(A:Electrical master battery,bool)</Value>
<Case Value="0">
<Image Name="switch_down.bmp" />
</Case>
<Case Value="1">
<Image Name="switch_up.bmp" />
</Case>
</Select>
</Element>
<Mouse>
<Help ID="HELPID_GAUGE_BATTERY_SWITCH"/>
<Cursor Type="Hand"/>
<Click Event="TOGGLE_MASTER_BATTERY"/>
</Mouse>
</Gauge>

For example Stopwach (with which there are no problems) looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SimBase.Document
Type="AceXML"
version="1,0"
id="Stopwatch">
<Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
<SimGauge.Gauge id="Gauge" ArtDirectory="C:\Prepar3D\SDK\SimObject SDK\Panels and Gauges SDK\XML Gauge samples">
<FloatPosition>0.000,0.000</FloatPosition>
<Size>100,110</Size> ....................... ect

Maybe I need to add something here in each file to make it work and be compatible with P3Dv5? Maybe there is a problem here? Overall, they all work (this old xml) in P3Dv5, but they do cause stuttering in the same time.

Thank you for any idea what can I do with this or what can I check ...
Thx!

Last edited:
Country
ukraine
Check what format the bitmaps are in in the used model. mstr_batt_bckgrnd.bmp can be in the old FS9 .bmp format and thus boot the system. In P3Dv5, the priority of 2D devices is set to secondary, and in VK, 3D tools are mainly used.

Country
poland
Check what format the bitmaps are in in the used model. mstr_batt_bckgrnd.bmp can be in the old FS9 .bmp format and thus boot the system. In P3Dv5, the priority of 2D devices is set to secondary, and in VK, 3D tools are mainly used.
Thanks. I can convert all textures, what exactly should be the format for panel textures (BMP, 24..)?

Country
ukraine
The exact format is written in the SDK. I have such

Attachments

• 2021-05-09_151707.png
    2021-05-09_151707.png
    155.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 2021-05-09_152052.png
    2021-05-09_152052.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 130