• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX GCRR Lanzarote

Country
ireland
Hello all,

I have started work on my next project - GCRR Lanzarote for FSX (and possibly Prepar3d). It is still in the very early stages of development at the moment but here are a few renders and screenshots to show you how things look so far.

So from the images below, you can see a few of the airport vehicles - more will be added in the future
Next up, the Airport Museum at the airport:
And last but not least, the view of the island in FSX

More screenshots soon!
:)

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,795
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,717
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,942
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,669
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,647
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,595
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,689
Country
netherlands
That is some crisp photoreal scenery mate! Those vehicles look terrific! Please choose to make it for P3D too (not just considering) ;)

Country
ireland
Good luck with the Project, looking good, the photoreal is from Airhispania ? I have that photoreal
Yes it is very nice imagery.
I will be making my scenery fully compatible with the AirHispania files but i will be using my own higher resolution aerial imagery around the airport itself, in order to make the scenery as realistic as possible

Country
ireland
Some shots of the control tower and airport museum which are almost finished. I have started working with the blender software lately and i must say that i am very impressed - the ambient occlusion and texture baking options are brilliant - really make objects come to life with realistic shadows and lighting :)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,000
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 985
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 912
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 863
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 907
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 945
Country
spain
I guess you have got the last mesh update (Lod 13,5 meters) it's an old update already but it's was a great improvement in the terrain. they have created autogen for this too but I haven't tried this autogen.

Country
ireland
and now a few shots from the airside of the terminal. still a work in progress! all these shots are from blender. i will post some screenshots from FSX soon :)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 771
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 718
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 728
Country
ireland
Did you maybe "borrow" that texture from somewhere? It looks very familiar.

2zuky5.jpg
I'll echo Shamrock122's comment. Can you please elaborate on your comment? Is it an accusation that the image is stolen from somewhere or just a general comment?

Country
ireland
Hi blancfilms,
Thank you for pointing out what you think is a similarity between my textures and taxi2gate.
Do you work for taxi2gate by any chance?

Believe it or not i DID NOT copy/steal this image from taxi2gate.

While designing my Lanzarote scenery, i needed a texture for the jetway and i sourced the attached image.
I edited the image to create a suitable texture for use in my scenery (also attached).

Evidently, what has happened is that both taxi2gate and I have used the same source image (which is available to anyone) in order to create a texture.
This was purely accidental and i did not know that taxi2gate had used the same source.

While i am under no obligation to change my texture, out of respect for my fellow flight sim developer, i will change my texture.

Just to make it absolutely clear once again, i DID NOT copy/steal this image from taxi2gate.

I hope this clears everything up.

Attachments

• mytexture.jpg
    mytexture.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 896
Country
ireland
Time for another update.

I got most of terminal 2 modeled this week and i also made some more additions to the fleet of vehicles. Progress is good at the moment :)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 916
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 908
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 884
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 982
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 838
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 864
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 847
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 830
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 926
Country
netherlands
Is it just me, or is the contrast in detail between those busses and that fuel truck quite high? The busses look tremendous where the fueltruck looks a bit like a box with wheels.

The models look fantastic btw!

Hi blancfilms,
Thank you for pointing out what you think is a similarity between my textures and taxi2gate.
Do you work for taxi2gate by any chance?

Believe it or not i DID NOT copy/steal this image from taxi2gate.

While designing my Lanzarote scenery, i needed a texture for the jetway and i sourced the attached image.
I edited the image to create a suitable texture for use in my scenery (also attached).

Evidently, what has happened is that both taxi2gate and I have used the same source image (which is available to anyone) in order to create a texture.
This was purely accidental and i did not know that taxi2gate had used the same source.

While i am under no obligation to change my texture, out of respect for my fellow flight sim developer, i will change my texture.

Just to make it absolutely clear once again, i DID NOT copy/steal this image from taxi2gate.

I hope this clears everything up.

You should not remove or change it, this photo is great for a texture and is available to anyone so i hope it wasnt a direct accusation. . This is how scenery development is, you will find many resources on the net that will work on your airports to later find out it has previously been used, which is not a problem. By the way great work on you scenery keep it up and look forward to its release!.

Country
ireland
I have been working away on this scenery in the background for the past few months and i am delighted to announce that the scenery will feature 12cm/pixel resolution fully licensed aerial imagery. It took lots of work and editing to get it right but it is now placed in FSX.

It looks fantastic in sim and here are a few screenshots to show you the progress.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 888
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    539.1 KB · Views: 911
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 908
Country
netherlands
I have been working away on this scenery in the background for the past few months and i am delighted to announce that the scenery will feature 12cm/pixel resolution fully licensed aerial imagery. It took lots of work and editing to get it right but it is now placed in FSX.

It looks fantastic in sim and here are a few screenshots to show you the progress.
That does look amazing!