• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX GE View 2: HttpX 2.0 and EarthProxy 1.2 FSX thru P3D v3

Country
france
Hi Bob and all,

Finally managed to make it almost working.

Even if blue Ge View window was displaying accurate coordinates, Google earth pro 7.3.0 was only receiving 0,0,0 coordinates and pointing deep in the ocean south to west Africa!

With Google earth (not pro) v 7.1, I finally got real coordinates but no hat view control. This parameter is even not changing in the blue Ge View window when moving hat.
Maybe it has something to do with Ezdok camera witch could steal hat data before it comes to Ge View...

Any Idea?

Thanks

Igor

Country
thailand
Please take a look at Reply #30 in this thread and see if that fixes it

Country
france
Thanks for you super fast reply! I should have read all the thread...

Yes, I think that's the problem for the coordinates cause we don't have the same separators for numbers in France.
Anyway without changing win prefs, Google earth (not pro) 7.1 seems to deal with that.

Any idea for the hat control not working in GE?

Reinstalled XMLtools with setup and even manually (copy XMLtools.dll and add proper entry in dll.xml). FSX asks for confirmation at first XMLtools loading.

Still no changes in the GE View window parameter for view bearing (witch sticks to plane bearing) and of course consequently only front view in Google Earth.

Ezdok interfering?

Country
thailand
Still no changes in the GE View window parameter for view bearing (witch sticks to plane bearing) and of course consequently only front view in Google Earth.

Ezdok interfering?

Could be, I suppose. XMLTools appears to have loaded properly (FS asked you for permission to run it the first time) but it seems my L:SWIVEL CAM YAW variable, which is derived from XMLTools *PAN VIEW parameter, must be stuck at 0.000.

Double check that HttpX Port in Google Earth Proxy is 54321, because that's what the Compound Rotation XML gauge uses.

Bob

Country
portugal
Hi I'm sorry if thread hijacking but i think it may be related and ive read every piece of forum post i could find on this topic.

I can't get the tracker on google earth to work as intended.. I launch P3D V4, Google earth proxy, click on Start then Open KML file... Google earth pro opens up I can see the tracker on the sidebar but nothing really happens on the map... am i missing something?
If i use my browser to go to 127.0.0.1:54321 i get a path not found error. I tried opening up the ports on my router to no avail.

I'm really looking forward to using this tool in an innovative way on my twitch stream but i cant get it to work at all.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks,
-vila
gep_1.jpggep_2.jpgView attachment 38843

Country
thailand
Hello Vila,

Two potential problems: DLL.xml issue or HttpX.dll (32 bit) isn't compatible with p3d v.4, or both.

I have not yet purchased p3d v.4 (64 bit), so I cannot be sure what went wrong to give the warning message returned by the XMLTools64 installer. But, if there is a critical issue with your DLL.xml file, like the sim can't locate it or its folder is corrupt, then HttpX.dll will not work, and I presume, neither will XMLTools64.

The other important point is that HttpX.dll has not been updated for 64 bit use, and it might not work in p3d v.4 until it is converted. We will do that as soon as I get a copy of v.4.

The "Path not found" error in your browser is an indication that HttpX.dll did not load. If HttpX.dll loads and is working properly, entering localhost:54321/version (while the sim is running) in the browser URL should return "2" in a web page

My suggestion is to first try to get XMLTools64 to properly load in the sim. When it does, then you will have eliminated a DLL.xml problem.

Bob

Country
portugal
Thanks Bob I'll look into it and come back if I have any further developments to share.
Meanwhile all I ask is that you please inform us if/when you ever get the chance to test/release a V4 version for HttpX!

Thanks and keep up the great work! :)
-ViLa

Country
belgium
Hi have not been flying for over 6 months, came back and seems like it doesn't work anymore; i have a bit of the same problem as Vila4480, I launch earthproxy, pressing start and kml file launches google earth pro but then it stays on the whole earth view
Here is my dll.xml maybe you see something? I also downloaded the new httpx and everything looks right into modules, so i have no idea where the problem is. Google earth is 7.3.0.3832 (32-bit) and i run windows 10 (64bit) with FSX SE.

Thanks for helping

dllxml.PNG

oh one thing i can add is that in google earth the little tracker icon is orange/red shouldn't that be green?

earth.PNG

Last edited:
Country
thailand
I launch earthproxy, pressing start and kml file launches google earth pro but then it stays on the whole earth view
Possibly, HttpX.dll did not load, but your DLL.xml looks ok. According to the DLL.xml, HttpX.dll should be in the Modules folder. Is that where HttpX.dll is?

Also, you should see the blue GE VIEW window display when your aircraft loads. Do you?

Country
belgium
Possibly, HttpX.dll did not load, but your DLL.xml looks ok. According to the DLL.xml, HttpX.dll should be in the Modules folder. Is that where HttpX.dll is?

Also, you should see the blue GE VIEW window display when your aircraft loads. Do you?

Yes it is all in modules, i do not have the GE view as I don't use the other files yet (compound for hat) as at the time i used it before there was no hat option yet, so when i relaunched for the first time i didn't have the other files yet anyway it was with downloading the new version that i saw there was Hat option, but not yet motivated as i need to edit it for each plane, so i skipped it, i just added and installed XMLTools in case i would use it later once the earthproxy works already without the hat option.

Country
thailand
i do not have the GE view as I don't use the other files yet (compound for hat) as at the time i used it before there was no hat option yet, so when i relaunched for the first time i didn't have the other files yet anyway it was with downloading the new version that i saw there was Hat option, but not yet motivated as i need to edit it for each plane, so i skipped it, i just added and installed XMLTools in case i would use it later once the earthproxy works already without the hat option.

That's your problem. You need to download the latest files and go through the installation process described in the instructions. The original versions of HttpX.dll & earth.html no longer work ever since Google deprecated the browser version of Google Earth.

Country
belgium
Yes have downloaded the new ge view 2 from page 1 but didn't solve anything the original httpx was something like 150 kb and new is 480 kb so it is replaced also the earth proxy exe didn't have that extra line for hat so it is definitely the right version I installed but will try again from scratch.

Country
thailand
Even if you do not use the HAT switch, Compound_Rotation.xml must be installed or else HttpX.dll will not know which port to use.

Country
belgium
that will be the problem then, i was eating. I am gone try this out and install compound. Thanks i will let you know.

Country
belgium
Ok this is how far i got, i erased google earth, reinstalled it and did same for httpx in modules, made GE View folder in an alabeo cessna 207 panels, edited panel.cfg added Window03=GE VIEW and added window 3 see screenshot. Launched fsx, and earthproxy started flight, started kml inside earthpoxy. GE View did not pop up so did it manually from the menu popped out the window and dragged it to google earth (see screenshot)
Nothing happens inside Google Earth. I took off from KRNO (Reno) as we can see in the GE View window just google earth doesn't want to do anything.

I also allowed fsx, earthproxy and google earth in anti virus and firewall to be sure.

panel.PNGmap.PNG

Country
belgium
I have solved it, i have read the whole pdf and saw trackir could also interfere i disabled that yesterday but didn't make a difference, retesting it this morning whitout a trackir on startup made the trick, if i launch trackir afterwoods both work.

So many thanks for your help as i love to fly with google earth!!!

I only have a last issue i don't know if you can help with that, is there something i can do with the tilt as it doesn't follow me like it should when landing for example the camera view on google earth is like 1000 feet above ground when landing, I have to click GE VIEW each time to sync it. maybe in the settings on touring or navigation. Many thanks again for you help!

Country
belgium
Also solved the syncing that was set with fly to speed at 0.4 so solved it bringing it to over 2.5.

So it all works now :) thanks for everything

Country
us-connecticut
Hi Bob,
Thank you for sharing your work and knowledge, it is appreciated.
I seem to have the same problem, GE is stuck in space looking down at the USA but does not fly to the GE VIEW coordinates. I double checked all entries and read the entire thread a couple times but still no luck. The only difference I can see is in the version of Google Earth Pro I am running, it is 7.3.1.4505 (64 bit). I am starting to believe that’s the problem, what do you think?
Again, thanks for your help and especially for your patience in helping novices like me.

Country
thailand
I'm running Google Earth Pro 7.3.1.4505 (32-bit) and it works fine. What Flight Sim version do you use?

Several critical things to check:

1) the XML gauge Compound_Rotation.xml was properly installed and is open in Flight Sim. If you see the blue "GE VIEW" window that shows 8 flight parameters (Airspeed thru Longitude), then that one is good

2) HttpX.dll was properly installed and is loaded. With Flight Sim running, open your web browser and type http://localhost:54321/version in the URL and hit Enter. You should get a new page and see "2.0" in the upper left corner. If you do see that, then HttpX.dll was installed and is loaded.

3) Make sure Fly-To speed is set to about 4.5 in Google Earth

Last edited: