• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX GE View 2: HttpX 2.0 and EarthProxy 1.2 FSX thru P3D v3

Country
thailand
Hello Dave,

I'm sure we can get this working with FSX for you. But, let's take the discussion out of the gauges forum and into a 'Conversation' using Inbox - Start a new conversation.

Thanks,

Bob

Country
ca-ontario
Hello Dave,

I'm sure we can get this working with FSX for you. But, let's take the discussion out of the gauges forum and into a 'Conversation' using Inbox - Start a new conversation.

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:
Country
thailand
I sent you a message. Please check your Inbox (top right of this web page). Let's please take the troubleshoot process out of the main forum and resolve the install issues in a Conversation.

Bob

Country
canada
Hello,
I have managed to get GE View 2 working in both FSX-SE and P3DV4.2; however, I am running into a display problem with Google Earth Pro.
GE displays the sky as night all the time.
I have no clue why this is or how to change it so that the sky is blue (daylight)
I have attached an image showing what I am seeing.

Thanks for you time and help.

geview2_p3dv42.jpg

Country
us-illinois
Hi Darryl:

1.) Google Earth Menu > Tools > Options > {3D View tab} > check "Use photo-realistic Atmosphere rendering (EXPERIMENTAL)

2.) Google Earth Menu > View > check "Atmosphere"

Hope this helps ! :)

GaryGB

Country
france
Hello
GE View worked perfectly until the end of 2017 and then did not work anymore.
I tried to reinstall the latest version using Google Earth proxy 1.3.
I set windows Region to english format to avoid GPS errors.
I have installed HttpX.dll and XMLTools in modules folder.
I have edited dll.xml
I have installed compound-rotation.xml and set panel config for GE View in an aircraft.
I first execute Prepr3d v3 and open an aircraft on an airfield
Whenever I execute Eathproxy/Start/Open KML file, Googlearth opens then runs the klm files, the earth begins to rotate and then stops over france?
I am unable to couple GE with my Prepar3d scenery?
Can you help me?
Best
Alain

Country
thailand
Lets please discuss this outside of the main forum ... in a Conversation - check your FSDelevoper Inbox (upper right corner of the screen).

Thanks,

Bob

Country
italy
Hi Bob,
i tried several time to understand and modify the Compound_Rotation.

I try to use AirCreation in p3d v4 i put in the panel.cfg

[Window05]
position=0
size_mm=110,90
visible=1
window_size_ratio=1.00
gauge00=GEVIEW!Compound_Rotation, 0, 0, 110, 90

but this line need to create a cab file with GEVIEW name otherwise it not ready correctly.
I create it and in pv4 remain every black. I dont know why. procedure is perfect:

I have installed HttpX64.dll in modules folder and XMLTools vith installer in p3d main folder.
I have edited dll.xml
I have installed compound-rotation.xml and set panel config for GE View in an aircraft.
I first execute Prepr3d v3 and open an aircraft on an airfield
Whenever I execute Eathproxy/Start/Open KML file, Googlearth opens then runs the klm files: the earth not rotate and
I am unable to couple GE with my Prepar3d scenery?

Many thanks,
Simone

Country
unitedstates
Hello All,

First time on FSDeveloper. Simming since Mac SE and coding since 1969, but never put the two
together, until now.

I love GE view. In 3d areas, it is simply the best, most realistic scenery for low-and-slow VFR I have seen.
My problem is I would like to pan the view while flying with it, but I am still using an ancient, game-port,
CH Products FlightStick joystick. NO HAT SWITCH!!!

I decided I would read about XMLTools, and XML gagues in general, and then study Compound_Rotation.xml to see if I
could get the panning working with keys mapped to PAN_LEFT, PAN_RIGHT, PAN_UP, and PAN_DOWN events. After
a few fits and starts, I was able to get LEFT and RIGHT working as I wanted (although I still have boundary
conditions to fix, and haven't used postfix since my last HP calculator in 1979!!)

However, I have had no such success with PAN_UP and PAN_DOWN. I have tried the -90 to +90 and 0 to 180 coordinate
systems, all to no avail. And the more I studied Compound_Rotation.xml, it seemed like maybe it doesn't support TILT with
the hat switch version, either, since the only assignments to L:SWIVEL CAM TILT are when you go to straight down view and back.

So I am asking the experts on this to answer 2 questions:
1. Does panning up and down work at all, even with a hat switch?
2. If so, what do you think I need to do with L:SWIVEL CAM TILT (or anything else) to get it working through the
key based events?

Thanks very much for any assistance. I will be glad to give back to the community anything I have when finished,
although I am very probably an anachronism, being without a hat swtich.

Country
thailand
I'll take a look at this and respond via private message later. Please check your FSDeveloper Inbox (upper right corner of the screen). Bob

Last edited:

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Hat switch axis can be assigned, default is horizontal plane only.

Country
unitedstates
Hi, new member here. Ran across using Google Earth in Prepar3D and love the idea. I've used FSX Google Earth tracker with no problems but am unable to get the view idea to work. When I use GE view, google earth starts but only goes to the globe view like always and stops. Flight Simulator tracker shows up in the temporary places, but again, no forward view while flying. I've got lots of addon scenery from Orbx and it's ok, but megasceneryearth was great because it was what was really there. It was just a bummer it was flat at VFR flying height. Httpx64 and XMLTools are in place and I modified the dll file to reflect the path. I've even gone so far as to start with the drive letter to make sure the path was there completely. Anyway, any help would be great. Thanks in advance if anyone cares to take the time.

Oh, yeah, what is the kml.xml file that needs to be edited? I don't have one anywhere that I can find.
Mark

I found that did have to add the complete path to the dll file to get GE window and the the Flight Simulator Tracker to show up twice like the picture in this thread. What I don't have is the logger, the GE tour. The view on my GE picture is when I double click on the Flight Simulator Tracker under my places. I also am unable to get the XMLTools installer to work. It says I don't have Prepar3D installed. I've put it in the Prepar3D root directory with Prepar3D.exe and it still doesn't see it.

Attachments

• modules file.png
    modules file.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 419
  • prepar3d.png
    prepar3d.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 487
  • GE.png
    GE.png
    3 MB · Views: 584
  • New dll file.png
    New dll file.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 564
Last edited:
Country
thailand
Mayo1957,

Let's discuss this using FSDeveloper private message. Please check your Inbox (upper right corner of the web page).

I'll post a message to you shortly.

Bob

Country
unitedstates
Mayo1957,

Let's discuss this using FSDeveloper private message. Please check your Inbox (upper right corner of the web page).

I'll post a message to you shortly.

Bob
Thanks. I don't see anything in my inbox. Is that where you meant?

Country
unitedstates
Ge view and fsx worked great until recently. Now when clicking EarthProxy.exe and kml it loads a notepad and not the ge map as it used to.

Country
thailand

Country
germany
Hi Bob,
I'm using GE_View with P3D-V4 and it works fine.

But would it be possible to change the zoom and tilt of GE either by
a) editing an appropriate file
or even better by
b) key commands inflight?

Regards
Hajo

Country
thailand
Hajo,

I have a version that uses key commands. I'll send you a copy via private message in this forum. Check your inbox (upper right corner) but give me a day.

Bob