• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX GE View 2: HttpX 2.0 and EarthProxy 1.2 FSX thru P3D v3

Country
ca-ontario
My buddy finally got httpx & earth proxy working - on a fresh dedicated system.
dll.xml, tools, etc. in the correct pathways, with edits.

Now its a problem with GE looking backwards so we need to find the fix for that.

Then it a case of will FSX & GE work on a DSL 10 meg d/l line because we have time outs.
FSX works fine by itself, but the streaming may be too much without cable ??

His system (quad core) is faster than this old dual core (though my video card is better than his.

OK work on fix for fixing view and pan, then see if I can finally get it working here and/or what we need to have a better experience.

PS My video card will push my 60" tv, so I have hope.

Country
ca-ontario
My friend just posted his system he is experimenting with:

Intel quad core i5-4570 3.2 GHz

Asus AMD Radeon HD7870 video card

2 x 4 GB DDR3 memory

BenQ 24" monitor 144 fps refresh rate

newer video card could be faster but this works well in FSX

would faster cable internet connection stop jerky motion?
Asus Z87 motherboard

Country
thailand
Hi ... could we please take this discussion into a Conversation rather than here? Much appreciated. Bob

Country
ukraine
That's a great addon, I really enjoy flying VFRs with GE View 2 connected to the Google Earth Pro desktop app, thank's for making this works all together.

One of the "missing" features - is 360 degree pan camera rotation within Google Earth application. It would be more pleasant to look around, not only straight ahead as it is right now. Would it be possible to integrate at some point?

Currently, if I try to pan around using inbuilt Google Earth Pro functionality it jerks and immediately turns camera back to the straight ahead position ((((

I do can look upside - down, but that's not what I would like to do.

-- Sem

Country
thailand
If you have installed the GE View 2 files, then you already have 360 degree pan capability. Take a look at the screenshot in the first post of this thread.

Let's start a private FSDeveloper conversation and I'll walk you through it. Check your inbox in upper right corner of this screen.

Bob

Country
germany
I got this great add-on successfully running for P3D v4 and GoogleEarth Pro on the same desktop.
I was wondering if it would be possible, to interface with the Google Earth App on my iPad. I have seen that (on the desktop) when "Open KML File" is seleceted from the Google Earth Proxy, it opens a kml file on Google Earth. The GoogleEarth App however is also capable of opening kml files - at least you can open them manually.
I already changed the kml-file in the NetworkLink section to include the IP of my PC running P3D:
Code:
   <Link>
        <href>http://192.168.178.28:10023/update.kml</href>
        <refreshMode>onInterval</refreshMode>
        <refreshInterval>0.0625</refreshInterval>
    </Link>

But this did not work. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Holger

Btw: I already checked that http://192.168.178.28:10023/version from my iPad is working successfully.

Country
thailand
Holger,

We don't see anything wrong with what you did, so maybe NetworkLink only works on desktop Google Earth. Not 100% sure.

According to Robbie, some things online say it should work, but I don't know if it does on the latest version.

That's unfortunate. GE VIEW on an iPad would be very nice.

Bob

Country
germany
Hi Bob,
I was thinking a little bit... what is the content of the kml that http://192.168.178.28:10023/update.kml is returning? I was trying to open this URL in the desktop browser but nothing was returned - although GE View was working (strange). If I use this URL, HTTP error 400 is returned. This might be the problem (localhost and 192.168.178.28 is the same machine). From my basic web server know how, EarthProxy.exe should probably not only mal localhost but also its IP adress accessible.

If I try to open http://localhost:10023/update.kml, the whole thing is working, i.e. a kml-file is returned.

It would be great to have it working on the iPad ;-).

Holger

Last edited:
Country
thailand
Let's take this into a private conversation in FSDeveloper. Check your Inbox in the upper right corner.

Bob

Country
thailand
Good day everybody and thanks to the board for having registered me in this community.
I am an old private pilot (in real) and an old simmer particularly on FS from Microsoft and this, since 1986/7. I evolved following the various versions of the soft year after year, starting flying on network, on internet etc until today having fun with VR, with Aerofly, Flyinside X Plane etc..Today I discovered the GE VIEW/FSX.
I handle FSX Steam in a PC as it:
CPU Vendor: GenuineIntel
CPU Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Windows 10 (64 bit)
Video Card:
Driver: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
DirectX Driver Name: nvldumd.dll
Driver Version: 24.21.13.9924
DirectX Driver Version: 24.21.13.9924
Driver Date: 9 5 2018
OpenGL Version: 4.6
Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 59 Hz
DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Memory:
RAM: 16299 Mb
Game Controller: T.Flight Stick X detected
VR Headset: Samsung Odyssey Windows MR HMD detected

Now I am asking help regarding the GE VIEW installation as I am having different issues even after having checked and checked many time. I downloaded the pack GE VIEW UPDATE MARCH 2018 and carefully followed the various instructions in the different PDF included. At this time after having installed HTTPX64.dll, XML, XMLTools, Dll.xlm, EarthProxy.exe (on the desktop), Compound _Rotation.xml, the only result I reached to obtain is the GE VIEW blue square display window. This blue windows says "HTTPX.dll do not load", this is the first issue. The second one issue is EarthProxy.exe which I have installed on my desktop according what I read . Unfortunately, clicking on this file I just obtain the list of code and the exe never launch Google Earth Pro. Another thing I don't understand is that on the PDF instruction I read Edit dll.xml file clicking on it come only the list of code and no action at all.
That's it at this time. If I can have some help on this matter I will be happy.
Is the different files added by Flyinside in FSX can be a source of problem???
Thanks a lot.

Country
ukraine
VR Headset: Samsung Odyssey Windows MR HMD detected

Now I am asking help regarding the GE VIEW installation as I am having different issues even after having checked and checked many time.
Hi, it might not work with the VR Headset.
another thing is that some airplanes have tricky geometry, so the Compound _Rotation won't be able to capture the airplane coordinates.

To make GE VIEW operational, just try a simple, default FSX:SE airplane (for instance C172SP ) without the VR Headset.

Mandatory!:
1) Make sure that you have corresponding entries in the dll.xml file: one for the HttpX.dll and another one for the XMLTools.dll
dll.xml is located at the following directory (replace the 'username' respectively): C:\Users\.. username ..\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

2) HttpX.dll file must be located physically at the FSX/Modules directory, XMLTools.dll - should be located physically in the FSX root folder.

3) GE VIEW directory (with Compound_Rotation.xml in it) must be within the airplane PANEL folder.

4) make changes for the airplane PANEL/panel.config file to define the GE VIEW window.

in case, if either of the steps above is not completed - the tool won't operate correctly. All three files HttpX.dll, XMLTools.dll and Compound_Rotation.xml - have to be latest version in order to operate correctly. Check the fsdeveloper site for the latest version.

I'm using GE VIEW in combination with Google Earth Pro Desktop Client - it works like a charm! I enjoy fling with real-time Google Maps.

Country
thailand
Thanks a lot Semyuel for you quick reaction.
Just wanted to precise something before all:
1) I have not used VR headset in trying to install GE VIEW. I start FSX directly from the root folder.
2) I precise that I have FSX Steam.
3) I downloaded the latest version from fsdevelopper web site GE VIEW 2 (2).zip and HttpX and EarthProxy (GE View) Installation (Rev) (4).pdf
4) I added Compound rotation on one small plane "air creation from Microsoft for the moment just for testing. And this is working fine, see pic enclosed.
5) But on the blues square GE VIEW I can read in red that HTTPX did not load see picture.
6) Is FSUIPC is mandatory?
If you have any comment please feel free to contact me. 20191218_185331 2.jpg
I will follow to check where mistake is it and will revert to you if necessary. Thanks again Jacques

Country
ukraine
it appears that you have either missing definition of the HttpX module in the dll.xml file, or file is not located at the FSX\Modules directory. (don't forget to rename HttpX.dll.txt as HttpX.dll)

1) according to the HttpX documentation, it needs to edit MANUALLY the dll.xml file, which is located at:

C:\Users\.. username ..\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

.. username .. - replace with actual username on your PC. Open that file in any text editor or XML editor and paste the following text (only if it's not in there! - just make a search for HttpX string to make sure that it's missing). If it's not defined in the dll.xml file - paste the text below and don't forget to save that file:
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>HttpX</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>Modules\HttpX.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

2) open the following directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Modules

take a look if HttpX.dll file is in there.

3) in case, if you have x64 FSX version installed, the file name is HttpX64.dll (don't forget to rename HttpX64.dll.txt as HttpX64.dll)
the file folder is different: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Modules
XML also differs a bit:
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>HttpX</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>Modules\HttpX64.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

everything is written in the documentation files, there is no need to learn the entire document, the main thing is defined on the first two pages. Please read that first!
HttpX Installation and License.pdf
QUICK INSTALL NOTES.pdf

Did you have a chance to read the documentation above?

PS
in case, if you have x64 FSX:SE installed, the FSX:SE main folder path would be C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX , otherwise the path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

the best experience is when using double screen - one screen for the FSX:SE and second one for the Google Earth Pro Desktop application. Split screen is not convenient ((((

tour-16_1p-jpg.49797

-- Sem

Last edited:
Country
thailand
T20191219_195124.jpg20191219_195534.jpghere is pictures of my dll.xml right located as you said .......C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Modules

More to follow.

Country
ukraine
hey, Jacques. After reading one more time your first post, I realized that you confused the FSX:SE version - your operating system is Windows 10 64 bit, however FSX:SE installation is NOT x64 - same as mine. You have to use HttpX.dll file! I believe that you used HTTPX64.dll and it fails to load because the FSX:SE simulator is not x64 bit. Edit dll.xml is not a big deal, you can open any text editor of your choice and than File -> open the DLL.XML file to modify. Just edit that file as a regular text, there is no difference it's XML or not, because XML is also text. Should be simple to fix. I have environment exactly same as yours. Windows 10 Pro x64, FSX:SE x86

Country
thailand
Yes I have no problem to edit file I have a good editor. OK Let me apply what you just tell me now and will revert to you after fixing and trying everything. Another question is do I need FSUIPC? I know steam use simconnect, what do you think.
And yes I fully read all the documentation from FSDEVELOPPERS and Vatsim. Cheers

Country
thailand
This is what I did, dll.xml modified with HTTPX.dll and in modules HTTPX64 removed an replaced by HTTPX.dll20191219_201453.jpg20191219_201408.jpg

Country
thailand
No good progress still having the same msg HttpX.did not load. Also Google earth pro never open when cliking on Earthproxy, I always obtain page codes it's like if it was a simple file and not an EXE or application file.
But if after having started FSX I open Goole Earth manually directly from desktop shortcut, then it's open in flight simulator mode with the two arrows left and right side of the screen. And then when I use my joystick flying from right to left side for exemple the plane follow but google Earth also. I hope you understand me, I am not native English.
Its very strange.