General question about the AI Traffic view.

As I am planning my first AI Traffic flight plans in FSX, I've come across several items that I had to figure out. But I have one that I would like to ask help with.

After I create the plan, I have the plane fly it to make sure it is doing what I tell it to. Today I sent up 5 planes and watched them using New View\AI Traffic\plane. I was able to watch two of the planes their entire flights and three of the planes dropped off the view. The two I could watch had 27 min legs and of the other three, two had 57 min legs and the third was two hours and 15 min. So I am guessing there is some time limit/distance limit attached to the view. Are there other limitations I should be aware of? Can anyone provide some insight?

I will add that all three completed their plans and returned to the originating airport. I just couldn't see them in the AI Traffic view.

Thanks for any advice!!

Sorry, you've lost me. I don't have P3D. I have FSX Deluxe. I'm pretty new to this so I know I ask annoying questions.

FSX and P3D are having a reality bubble. Not sure at the moment how big it is, but only in this area around the user AI Traffic is visible and simulated. So if an AC is leaving the area it is removed from the sim and is only returning when it is crossing again the boundary of this box

gadgets

Resource contributor
Sorry, you've lost me. I don't have P3D. I have FSX Deluxe. I'm pretty new to this so I know I ask annoying questions.
My bad. In all the years I've been involved with AI, I've never used the View/AI Traffic feature of FSX - or any other Flightsim version.

To supplement what Kai said, FlightSim only "controls" AI in the region of the selected airport and surrounding regions - a region being about 30 miles high and 40 wide (at the equator.) Otherwise, Flightsim is only "interested" in when an AI crosses region boundaries (so it knows when to start controlling it). A fuller explanation is given in Section 12.4 of the AIFP user manual.

Presumably, the View/AI Traffic feature only tracks AIs it is controlling.

Don

Thanks guys! That explains it. I'll go read Section 12.4 of the manual. I'm sure I'll encounter other stuff. :)