Get rid of the default airport-rectangle?

Horst18519

Staff member
Resource contributor
On my airstrip I used a big exclude to clear away all default airport-objects including this ugly rectangle that is underlayed all airstrips/airports in FS.
I had to remove the exclude in order to use effects.
But now all my groundtextures/polys I created with ground2k4 are below this rectangle. How can I overlay or better exclude it?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Thorsten,

Do you mean the grass polygon of the default airport? In that case you need to make a VTP exclude to remove it.

Horst18519

Staff member
Resource contributor
Yes, that's what I mean.

I thought the exclude would influence the effects. Is there a difference between vtp-excludes an object-excludes?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Thorsten,

Yes, these are two completely different types of excludes. The VTP exclude only removed mesh elements (VTP polygons and lines). This type of exclude has no influence on objects (or effects).

The XML exclude indeed has a negative effect on attached effects (only effects that you attach in GMax, if you place them directly with some XML code they are not exclude).

JonPatch

Resource contributor
...and to exclude the airport base polygon exclude layer 7 in your VTP exclude.

If by some oddball chance something else in that LOD13 cell uses layer 7, it too will be excluded. In my limited experience that meant that some of the Ultimate Terrain/US Roads would be excluded. So I just add them back in with some appropriate VTP lines, using layers 23 and 24.

Jon

Last edited: