• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Getting AIFP to point to IVAO models

Country
us-northcarolina
Seems it only loads the default MSFS aircraft......I want to substitute the ivao models for my flight plans? is there a way to point to that?

Thanks,
BobM.

Country
belgium
Did you put the IVAO models in the community folder?
I successfully loaded them in AIFP a month or two ago.

Country
us-northcarolina
I have them in a directory...you mean just drop the models into community like Asobos from mega Livery packages? I have them in a folder like this?

Uhmmm..

Thanks,
BobM.

Attachments

• AIIFP Pic 4.PNG
    AIIFP Pic 4.PNG
    68.7 KB · Views: 128
Country
belgium
This seems to be correct.
I don't have the IVAO package anymore. I deleted it since I though AIG was getting close to release and the IVAO package was missing a lot of models anyway. ^^

I do remember I had some trouble adding the airliners at first. But I'm not sure what fixed that. I can't find the IVAO package anymore, so I can't test it again atm.
Perhaps it was that the models were not enabled as AI in the aircraft.cfg.

Not sure how familiar you are with this cfg file, but for each model there should be a .cfg file in there respective folder.
In this file you will find [fltsim.number] for each livery. Under these items you will find a tag that enables them to be used as AI. (isAirTraffic) This should be set to 1.
But I'm not sure if this was the issue. I do remember checking it though.