Getting Legacy FSX-Native Aircraft to show in the P3d Menu

TurboCompound

Resource contributor
Hi all!

I just bought P3dv4, and I've been trying to get an FSX addon aircraft to work in it. I put everything in the right folders but the aircraft still does not show up in the vehicle selection menu. It had a couple 32 bit gauges, but they were all Doug's gauges (sound, logger, fuel, etc) so I subbed the new 64 bit versions in before I started P3d. Other than that I can't figure out what is preventing P3d from recognizing the airplane. Anyone have any ideas?

You're going to have to get quite a bit more specific for anyone to be able to help. What aircraft?

TurboCompound

Resource contributor
The Aircraft is Mario Noriega's Dassault Mercure. It is FSX native and uses almost all XML Gauges. It also comes with Doug's sound gauge and a couple other Doug Dawson gauges. I downloaded the newer 64 bit versions of the same gauges from Doug's website, renamed them to match the ones included with the aircraft so I wouldn't have to touch the panel cfg, and used them to replace the legacy gauges in the panel folder. That is the only change I made. When I run P3d, the airplane does not appear in the vehicle selection menu at all.

TurboCompound

Resource contributor
I'm willing to bet if you look in the aircraft.cfg you would find any fltsim.# sections.
I'm assuming you mean to say wouldn't. But I'm familiar with how HJG does things, so I had downloaded the liveries and put the cfg entries in, meaning that isn't the problem. But I did find another problem. When I put the [fltsim.xx] entries in, I wrote them as fltsim.00, fltsim.01, fltsim.02, etc. instead of fltsim.0, fltsim.1, fltsim.2. I guess all the panel.cfg work I've been doing on my L-188 project has been messing me up. Looks like it shows up now!

Last edited: