• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Gimp and Metrix

Country
us-washington
I guess the two don't go together. Metrix works with Photoshop and PSP along with some other parameters.

A friend of mine istalled Metrix in Gimp but it would not work. Then he found some utility which ....

Well here is what he says---

found a small program called PSPI that makes it possible to use Photoshop plugins with GIMP, PSI and Metrix now show in gimp but everytime I click OK to analyze it crashes.

any ideas? Bob

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
A few weeks ago, there was a thread about a free version of Photoshop available. It is from Adobe, and it really is free. Metrix works with that free version. My suggestion is to get that free Photoshop, and then you can use Metrix.

Dick

Country
us-washington
Wonderful! My friend got it going BUT-

He follows my instructions on Skype- share screen. He selects with the square or the magic wand... in this case the square... brings up Metrix, analyze, done. chooses magic wand in other picture..... this appears... brings up Metrix, chooses apply.... the whole picture turns color instead of just the area inside the magic wand choice!

This sounds like a setting problem inside CS2? What would that be.? Bob

Country
unitedstates
With the area selected in the destination image press CTRL+C then CTRL+V to copy the selected area to a new layer. Apply the metrix filter to the new layer only, then press CTRL+E to merge it back into the original layer - or leave it alone as an additional layer above the original, then you can adjust opacity and blend mode, or erase parts of it that don't look good, etc.

EDIT: CS2 has a "match color" function under "Image > Adjustments" that works about 10 times better than metrix in most cases and will apply the correction only to the selected area of the destination image BTW.

Jim

Last edited:
Country
us-washington
it had to do with a setting in GIMP but not the 24 or 32 bit thing, standard it sets it to 24bit and that works just fine but in the same tab there is a box that must be checked ( enabled) wich says "do not write color space information"

<---- from my friend. So he can now do Metrix or color match.

I wonder what the equivalent is in PSP to color match? eye dropper? Seems to work ok. I do like Metrix. I use that along with other tools. Fun to play with . Bob