P3D v3 Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D

Hi Henrik, thank you again for your work. Perhaps you haven't read my question in the other thread:
I downloaded "200 AI Ship and Traffic FSX" in 2017 and had no problems like Emile has.
Is there a difference in the extent (more ships e.g.) to the newer "200 AI Ship and Traffic FSX and P3D v2"?
(Sorry if you find doubble posting)

Hi Henrik, thank you again for your work. Perhaps you haven't read my question in the other thread:
I downloaded "200 AI Ship and Traffic FSX" in 2017 and had no problems like Emile has.
Is there a difference in the extent (more ships e.g.) to the newer "200 AI Ship and Traffic FSX and P3D v2"?
(Sorry if you find doubble posting)
Hi Christian,
I have to clarify - I did not upload any new files. Flightsim recently asked for permission to take the file from 2017 from avsim and upload it on flightsim.com as I never posted it on Flightsim.com due to upload troubles back in 2017.. Next, simviation, took without asking me the file from flightsim.com thinking it was a new file and uploaded on simviation.com, despite the original already being on simviation... This file somehow was smaller than the one originally uploaded - maybe due to zipping method or??? The file from simviation is now deleted and it was jst there briefly. The file on flightsim.com is the same as the one from 2017.

So conclusion: Nothing new has been uploaded from my side since 2017...

I do believe the above reported problems are installation and/or file confusion. Knud who has helped with beta testing will be checking up in v4.5 now, as personally I have no time to install, test, update, etc according LM's schedule....

I will communicate here in this thread when the new version is out for beta-testing. It is very close, but small problems continue to appear and you know how time consuming route testing is.
Henrik

The last route for the new package was terminated today :D Now I "just" need to prepare the beta and make sure old mistakes are corrected...

Below strait of Juan de Fuca with Jean-Pierre Fillion's beautiful killer whales

Below the Royal Navy departing Plymouth - the HMS Ark Royal is a contribution from Gary. Bhehind her my Type 22, Type 23, and Type 45 and HMS Ocean.

Royal Marines disembarking from the HMS Ocean on the Danish West Coast

Sailboats returning from the Fastnet Race

A ferry crossing the bay of Sao Luis de Maranhao in Brazil

Beautiful!

I'd just like to report a tiny possible error on the current version available to the users around Sain Pierre et Miquelon (LFVP).
I found something wrong there with the boats. I have to disable all AI boat traffic when around that airport otherwise I get a CTD when looking around. I have a hunch it's some FS9 model around your files. Some leftover from the old files.
Is there any possibility you can look at it during the Beta?

Anyway, can't wait to have the new files installed. Even more because I've made a clean installation of P3Dv4.5 and figured that I'd better wait for this new update instead of patching the current files. So I'm boatless for now and really missing them!

Your creations bring so much life to the simulator that I can't imagine not having them anymore. Thank you for all your hard work.

Pedro

Beautiful!

I'd just like to report a tiny possible error on the current version available to the users around Sain Pierre et Miquelon (LFVP).
I found something wrong there with the boats. I have to disable all AI boat traffic when around that airport otherwise I get a CTD when looking around. I have a hunch it's some FS9 model around your files. Some leftover from the old files.

Anyway, can't wait to have the new files installed. Even more because I've made a clean installation of P3Dv4.5 and figured that I'd better wait for this new update instead of patching the current files. So I'm boatless for now and really missing them!

Your creations bring so much life to the simulator that I can't imagine not having them anymore. Thank you for all your hard work.

Pedro
Thanks - I will look into it. Do you by any chance have Jean-Pierre Fillion's packages for the area installed? And did you update with 200 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic V2? There were 4 ships in the original packages causing a CTD due to FS9format.

Beautiful!

Pedro
Just checked - the Calypso is in the area and it was a FS9 model. If you overwrite with the 200 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic V2 from www.avsim.com you will have the correction. Alternatively the four FS9 models to be corrected are in this link - copy and overwrite: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tqepced5hqawrsm/AABi7Y6h9n3cdYK_AsLAX6_ga?dl=0

Just checked - the Calypso is in the area and it was a FS9 model. If you overwrite with the 200 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic V2 from www.avsim.com you will have the correction. Alternatively the four FS9 models to be corrected are in this link - copy and overwrite: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tqepced5hqawrsm/AABi7Y6h9n3cdYK_AsLAX6_ga?dl=0
Perfect!

Thank you for all the trouble. I did install the 200 AI Ships and AI Ship traffic V2 as soon as you released it and probably missed the update for the four FS9 models that you refer.

Anyway I'd rather wait a few more days/weeks for the full new release and install everything at once. If I manage to wait all that long without my (your) boats! Let's see!

Best regards,

Pedro

Been using your fantastic freeware since it's inception. Thrilled to see all the new additions in the upcoming version.
Thank you for dedicating your valuable time and talent to one of the best freeware projects around!
Thanks a lot... There was something missing in our sim... When I started out I had no clue how far I would take it, but testing the latest version it is truely a global package with ships all over thanks to the contribution of a lot of people - just now I got a mail with a small surprise - the French frigate L'Hermione originally built in 1779, but with a copy terminated in 2014 now participating in sailing events.

As we haven't found many issues in the beta, I am confident the official launch will be Friday 15th June.