• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Global AI Ship Traffic FSX, P3D and MSFS2020

Country
denmark
First test in the sim :D

18092208555916112915906546.jpg

18092208555916112915906545.jpg

18092208555916112915906544.jpg

18092208555916112915906543.jpg

Country
denmark
Next... the newest addition to the fast growing Chinese Navy - the Type 55 destroyer. There is still some way to go, but the first unit is also just doing the sea trials in real life.

18101810400116112915950451.jpg

Country
denmark
I have reinstalled P3D and now it's time to get some boats in the seas. In the /sceneryworld/scenery .bgls it's easy to see where they are for ie. traffic_Ships_CS_St_Martin_21014.bgl, traffic_Ships_EU_Baltic_Samsoe_73610.bgl etc. etc., but it's hard to guess from the names in Simobjects/Boats like AI_Arthur_M_Anderson, AI_Federal_Ems etc. etc, in what parts of the world they belong. I know some boats like the Maersk fleet sails all over the world, but if I never fly in certain parts of the world ie. South America, Africa, and Asia, then I really don't need ships in those areas. I don't know how much impact on fps the ships have, but every bit of fps increase will always help. Is there any way to see which ships sails in which continents and sortere dem fra (sorry, couldn't think of the english phrase :) ) that I don't need?

mvh Jørn L

Country
denmark
I have reinstalled P3D and now it's time to get some boats in the seas. In the /sceneryworld/scenery .bgls it's easy to see where they are for ie. traffic_Ships_CS_St_Martin_21014.bgl, traffic_Ships_EU_Baltic_Samsoe_73610.bgl etc. etc., but it's hard to guess from the names in Simobjects/Boats like AI_Arthur_M_Anderson, AI_Federal_Ems etc. etc, in what parts of the world they belong. I know some boats like the Maersk fleet sails all over the world, but if I never fly in certain parts of the world ie. South America, Africa, and Asia, then I really don't need ships in those areas. I don't know how much impact on fps the ships have, but every bit of fps increase will always help. Is there any way to see which ships sails in which continents and sortere dem fra (sorry, couldn't think of the english phrase :) ) that I don't need?

mvh Jørn L

Hi Jørn,
The ships are only loaded once you are flying in an area, so removing ships in other regions will not improve FPS. The traffic files do take some time to load at start up, but that doesn't affect FPS - But if you are very impatient to get started on your daily flight the recommendation would be to remove the routes belonging to other régions, which is simple to do from the naming as you suggest. In most areas the impact from the ships would be very minimal - each ship in general only adds one or two drawcalls, so only in areas with very tight traffic like off Rotterdam, you might see an impact.
In order to get a good overview of what is sailing where in case you e.g. want to save hard drive space by removing some ships I suggest you download Carl Vokes Locator for the Global AI Ship Traffic available here: https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=194728
It gives you several different ways to find out which ships sail where.
Best regards (og god weekend :D )
Henrik

Country
denmark
Hello Henrik, your new ships look as good as ever.
I also finished "some" new models. Here are three examples of more than 50 new ships:

34685289pa.jpg

34685291du.jpg

34685308ta.jpg

Happy new year to all.

They look fantastic!!!! THe last one seems very close to the one on from Sylt to Havneby, which I took last summer with my son and actually had somewhere on my list. Maybe a simple repaint… And Happy New year to you also.

Country
germany
Both!
In the upcoming new SimDocks website there will be a gallery of all my ships. There are ships that will be released as freeware but also ships that are intended for planned sceneries.

The Three Ships shown in my last article are intended for use in sceneries.
The Berlin (first picture) is part of a package that will include all German naval bases and ships (but this will take some time).

The other two ships are part of my next project. It will include the ports Cuxhaven and Brunsbüttel (with the lock into the Kiel Canal) and the naval airfield Nordholz.

Country
andorra
Hi my friends. I want the A-140 atlantico & the HMS a-12 ocean . Where o in what file is it ? Because I downloaded the files Global ai ship traffic v1 & v2 and I don't see in anyplace. Thank you

Country
denmark
Hi my friends. I want the A-140 atlantico & the HMS a-12 ocean . Where o in what file is it ? Because I downloaded the files Global ai ship traffic v1 & v2 and I don't see in anyplace. Thank you
Only a beta has been temporarily released through a dropbox link which is now deactivated - the final version should be released in a month or two.

Country
germany
Henrik, will the new release be a completely new package or another update to the already existing ones?

Country
germany
Good things need time to mature! Thanks for all the work you have done.

From mobile hence short

Country
unitedkingdom
The new release will be a complete package including also some corrections to existing models and routes. The model of Banzai above is e.g. a complete remake of the very first ship model I did. It is a quite heavy job so it has taken quite some time.
Loving your work....do you know if the English channel traffic will be increase?