• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Global AI Ship Traffic FSX, P3D and MSFS2020

Country
germany
Will you compile all the models as P3D v4 native? Lockheed Martin recommends it to prevent the sim from crashing.

Country
denmark
Will you compile all the models as P3D v4 native? Lockheed Martin recommends it to prevent the sim from crashing.
Yes, but it will unfortunately not be right now. Real world duties make it impossible to take the time until mid July. THere is also an issue with light effects which do not display. I might however be able to upload a simple patch this weekend.
For the moment I recommend to remove the AI_Calypso folder from the simobject/boats . This ship was compiled for FS9 and include an animation which effectively causes a crash. A couple of other models might have display issues but do not cause a crash. We are investigating.

Country
germany
Yes, but it will unfortunately not be right now. Real world duties make it impossible to take the time until mid July. THere is also an issue with light effects which do not display. I might however be able to upload a simple patch this weekend.
For the moment I recommend to remove the AI_Calypso folder from the simobject/boats . This ship was compiled for FS9 and include an animation which effectively causes a crash. A couple of other models might have display issues but do not cause a crash. We are investigating.
Thanks! All right, take your time. :)
Finally a lot of boat traffic in combination with good addon sceneries without an out of memory. :D

Ronald

Resource contributor
Aaah the Calypso, that sea-explorer boat brings back good childhood memories !

Country
us-texas
I can hear the John Denver song playing in my head. Probably I just need more coffee, still quite early here.

Country
denmark
Sorry for late reply - now there are two files Global AI SHip Traffic V1 which should be installed first and 200 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic V2 which should be installed on top. The second add 200 new ships and routes and corrects issues regards to P3Dv4 in the main package Global AI Ship Traffic V1.

Meanwhile a few news for next update... A french request made me do the French and Morocan Floreal class frigate:

17072310270116112915164561.jpg

The french navy Panther is provided by Bernard Juniot, who also previously supplied a Puma for the Foudre class model.

17072310264816112915164556.jpg

French Mariners

17072310265516112915164558.jpg

The Morocan version

17072310265716112915164559.jpg

Ready for night landing on the F731 Prairial
17072310265916112915164560.jpg

17072310264516112915164555.jpg

Ronald

Resource contributor
Look great Henrik. May I ask How much time do you spend / model on average (due to the detailed nature of some examples)?

Country
denmark
Look great Henrik. May I ask How much time do you spend / model on average (due to the detailed nature of some examples)?

It is a good question - somewhere between 20 and 40 hours. I do a lot of intercontinental flights (as passenger) and if it is a day flight I can be working 8-10 hours without too many distractions - that can do half a model. Often the most time consuming are the boats where I have no decent drawings and have to guess proportions from images or youtube videos - and some ships like the Floreal class have had considerable modifications over time, so pictures from different epoques can be confusing. I probably have to add that I always go after AI style ships so I do take some shortcuts to speed up the process, but also to keep FPS at a decent level.

Ronald

Resource contributor
It is a good question - somewhere between 20 and 40 hours. I do a lot of intercontinental flights (as passenger) and if it is a day flight I can be working 8-10 hours without too many distractions - that can do half a model. Often the most time consuming are the boats where I have no decent drawings and have to guess proportions from images or youtube videos - and some ships like the Floreal class have had considerable modifications over time, so pictures from different epoques can be confusing. I probably have to add that I always go after AI style ships so I do take some shortcuts to speed up the process, but also to keep FPS at a decent level.
Thanks for the numbers Henrik. Great to see how you have turned "passenger flight time" into "ship model building time".

Country
denmark
My friend, Its Amazing :O You are amazing

Thanks for the nice words... some would just called me obsessed... truth is modelling is extremely relaxing when you have a very hectic life...

Below a Norwegian fishing vessel - Frantsen Junior. A trip to Lofoten with my son gave plenty of inspiration, so more fishing vessels to come.

17100805420116112915307030.jpg

17100805420116112915307032.jpg

17100805420116112915307031.jpg