• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Global AI Ship Traffic FSX, P3D and MSFS2020

Country
denmark
Hey Henrik,

I must say one thing is for certain.... I installed your Global AI Ship Traffic for FSX and was blown away at the shear fact that I did not have to do anything beyond the install instructions to get it working, unlike WOAI for FSX. I love flying low and slow over the various U.S. harbors and admiring your work in action... Not a single issue... True Plug & Play!!

By any chance do you model any of the "Tall ships"? or paddle wheel vessels? I'd love to include them as AI traffic, as well into FSX

~WEB~

If you just fly along the US coasts you probably won't see that many tall ships even if they are there like the USCG Eagle and some visiting ships. You can find some in the Carribean, but the most dense tall ship traffic you will find in Europe, where several tall ship races are included in the package e.g. out of Kiel and Saint Malo, but also between Denmark, Norway and Sweden. To know where each ship can be found use Carl Vokes A.I. Ship locator for Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2, which you can find on www.simviation.com

19033003355516112916181180.jpg

For the paddle wheel vessels... yes, I did one, but to get it you will need to buy LatinVFR New Orleans where it is included together with other Mississippi river traffic.

19040705143616112916191100.jpg

Country
unitedstates
You can find some in the Carribean, but the most dense tall ship traffic you will find in Europe, where several tall ship races are included in the package e.g. out of Kiel and Saint Malo, but also between Denmark, Norway and Sweden

:scratchch Hmmm.... looks like I'm headed on a world tour then!!

To know where each ship can be found use Carl Vokes A.I. Ship locator for Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2

Awesome! I'm definitely going to Simviation to get that. That will make the search a whole lot easier.

For the paddle wheel vessels... yes, I did one, but to get it you will need to buy LatinVFR New Orleans where it is included together with other Mississippi river traffic.

I'll have to find this and check it out.

Thanks Henrik, for the tips! You just made FSX (for me anyways), a ton more fun.

~WEB~

Country
denmark
:scratchch Hmmm.... looks like I'm headed on a world tour then!!

Awesome! I'm definitely going to Simviation to get that. That will make the search a whole lot easier.

I'll have to find this and check it out.

Thanks Henrik, for the tips! You just made FSX (for me anyways), a ton more fun.

~WEB~
You are welcome - this is what this project is all about :D

Country
austria
To know where each ship can be found use Carl Vokes A.I. Ship locator for Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2, which you can find on www.simviation.com
Hi Henrik, I tried to download the 'locator' from simviation but it doesn't work. Perhaps a serverproblem.
But thank you, the before (2017) was a very useful tool .

Country
denmark
Hi Henrik, I tried to download the 'locator' from simviation but it doesn't work. Perhaps a serverproblem.
But thank you, the before (2017) was a very useful tool .
Looks like all downloads are at the moment blocked on simviation

Country
austria
I tried other downloads but they don’t work either. Perhaps tomorrow.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Country
us-washington
Are both the download sites for AI V2 up to date with all the latest ships? Was curious if there is a way to know if one needs an update or not.

Country
denmark
Are both the download sites for AI V2 up to date with all the latest ships? Was curious if there is a way to know if one needs an update or not.

Hi
Simviation.com, flightsimnorway.com, and flightsim.com are up to date with the latest file Global AI Ship Traffic V2 from september 2019. The screenshots on the last couple of pages are from the upcoming update, but it will still take some time before it is ready as I am adding a whole new epoque.
Henrik

200516090608662474.jpg

Country
denmark
How does it work with the "old" ships you're adding, do we have to set the date and time in the sim, back to when they were active, or will they also be visible in present time? BTW. do you have any plans to make more luxury yachts and Cruise ships like
  • Harmony of the Seas. ...
  • Allure of the Seas. ...
  • Oasis of the Seas. .?

Country
denmark
How does it work with the "old" ships you're adding, do we have to set the date and time in the sim, back to when they were active, or will they also be visible in present time? BTW. do you have any plans to make more luxury yachts and Cruise ships like
  • Harmony of the Seas. ...
  • Allure of the Seas. ...
  • Oasis of the Seas. .?

The cruise industry is gone, so it wouldn't be realistic to put any of these anymore... You can find Freedom of the Seas in various sites, but due to copyright I can't include it.

And no, you will not have to set the date back - it will be a completely different set of routes which you would have to have in a separate scenery folder, that you can then activate or deactivate as a normal scenery.

Country
denmark
Is that because of the Corona, that cruise ships are a dying breed (just like the Airbus A380)?
I guess as long as there's (b)millionaires in the world, there will be luxury yachts, and there's plenty of them still sailing. On different vacations in Southern Europe, I was surprised to see they were almost everywhere. one bigger than the previous one, so I wouldn't mind seeing some more of them in and around places like Mallorca, Corfu, Skiathos etc etc.

Country
denmark
Is that because of the Corona, that cruise ships are a dying breed (just like the Airbus A380)?
I guess as long as there's (b)millionaires in the world, there will be luxury yachts, and there's plenty of them still sailing. On different vacations in Southern Europe, I was surprised to see they were almost everywhere. one bigger than the previous one, so I wouldn't mind seeing some more of them in and around places like Mallorca, Corfu, Skiathos etc etc.
yes, they are all stock in harbors due to corona - some time they will of course get again, so the real reason I don't do them is that it simply takes too much time for my patience to do the new giants and the older ones often have more beautiful lines. I might some time add some yachts, because you are absolutely right, but for the moment I will stick with my classic ships.

Country
unitedstates
Reviewing my ship traffic bgls for use in P3Dv5, I noticed the date range is from 2012-2016. I take it might be wise to re-download the latest overall package to catch up? Also, where do you suggest a good location for some "boat spotting" and to make sure it is installed correctly? Currently, I am not seeing anything show up so I might need to review. Thx.

Hey, why not upload it to AVSIM? They don't throttle down download speeds. What should take a minute or two will take over two hours!

Nevermind... I see you did upload it there (in parts). Gonna upgrade into P3Dv5 HF1

Last edited:
Country
france
Hi,

I've installed 200 Ai ships for P3D V5 (HF1). I see that some of the boats have wave effects and some not. Didn't have this with v4.

My content error file shows this : (and these files are in the effects folder)

[error.364]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_atrotos"

[error.365]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_aker"

[error.366]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_kellet"

[error.367]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_Angela"

[error.368]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_vesteralen"

[error.369]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_karmsund"

[error.370]

[error.371]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_Carmencita_l"

[error.372]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_marmara"

[error.373]

[error.374]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_hyundai"

[error.375]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_Chie"

[error.376]

[error.377]

[error.378]

[error.379]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_car_carrier"

[error.380]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_Aasheim"

[error.381]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_kristin"

[error.382]

[error.383]

[error.384]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_kamsarmax_l"

[error.385]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_Anholt"

[error.386]

[error.387]

[error.388]

[error.389]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_fehn"

[error.390]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_diamond_53"

[error.391]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_diamond_53"

[error.392]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_tern"

[error.393]

[error.394]

[error.395]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_tirranna"

[error.396]

[error.397]

[error.398]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_tirranna"

[error.399]

[error.400]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_Anholt"

[error.401]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_tern"

[error.402]

[error.403]

[error.404]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_jonas"

[error.405]

[error.406]

[error.407]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_funchal"

[error.408]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_celebration"

[error.409]

[error.410]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_henna"

[error.411]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_msc_ml"

[error.412]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_Dalian_Xl"

[error.413]

[error.414]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_ml"

[error.415]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_l"

[error.416]

[error.417]
error=Payload station indexes should be between 1 - 5

[error.406]

[error.407]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_funchal"

[error.408]

[error.409]

[error.410]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_henna"

[error.411]

[error.412]

[error.413]

[error.414]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_ml"

[error.415]

[error.416]

[error.417]
error=Payload station indexes should be between 1 - 5

[error.456]

[error.457]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_hyundai"

[error.458]

[error.459]

[error.460]

[error.461]

[error.462]

[error.463]

[error.464]

[error.465]
error=Texture "KEY_MARMARA.BMP" failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

Any idea ?
Best regards

Country
denmark
A long time away from this due to work and other things in life...

But here a small preview... Knud managed to put one of our ships into MSFS2020 this morning - we are not there yet - she doesn't move, but at least she appears perfectly in sim. And as this particular model is done exactly as the vast majority of ships in the project, it seems the project will also live on in our new sim
20082508162916112916982312.jpg
:cool:

Country
denmark
Slowly getting an idea about how ships work in MSFS, but it will take time... But at least the developer tool seems to have some interesting features.

20090503130116112917008444.jpg

The wakes though will have to be redone...

20090503093816112917008439.png

And direct transfer of textures makes them a bit to weathered...

20090503092216112917008435.jpg