• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Global AI Ship Traffic FSX, P3D and MSFS2020

Country
unitedkingdom
Hey, anyone able to list the cruise ships available for this package? I'd love to contribute to adding more if I could, but I'm not very good at Blender 😅
I believe there is quite a few off the top of my head is MSC SINFONIA , ORIANA , QM2, MAASDAM, SILVER WHISPER , and the Norwegian cruise company HURTIGRUTTEN has a large amount of ships in this package but anymore would be brilliant if possible

Country
unitedkingdom
Is there anyway to unsubmerge the sub?

Depth Charging? 😜

In all seriousness I’ve passed on a couple of RN models to Henrik for use in his packages.....I’ll maybe look into the Astute boat I’d created for myself and pass on to Henrik to include in one of his releases.

Country
unitedkingdom
Depth Charging? 😜

In all seriousness I’ve passed on a couple of RN models to Henrik for use in his packages.....I’ll maybe look into the Astute boat I’d created for myself and pass on to Henrik to include in one of his releases.
That would be amazing thank you

Country
denmark
Depth Charging? 😜

Additions are always welcome :D

1626113476281.png

This isn't a sub, but the newest and with 215 m also the longest ferry on the English Channel, Côte D'Opale operated by DFDS. It just arrived from the yard in China and soon it should follow in the sim :D

Country
unitedkingdom
Hate to be a pain Henrik and I know your busy but if there any chance of you making the Bird class container ships they were built for NYK but have now been given to ONE (Ocean Network Express)

Last edited:
Country
denmark
Hate to be a pain Henrik and I know your busy but if there any chance of you making the Bird class container ships they were built for NYK but have now been given to ONE (Ocean Network Express)
I will see if I can get them on the list :D With that color and obviously with one of them being famous for having lost the largest amount of containers in one voyage, it is a must include :D

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
I will see if I can get them on the list :D With that color and obviously with one of them being famous for having lost the largest amount of containers in one voyage, it is a must include :D

Legend ill be waiting patiently , thank you Henrik

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
It moves so fast it appears to not have been designed for so light a load.

Country
denmark
Next up... New York ferries... After many requests I decided to work on the Staten Island ferries and other ferries across the New York harbor. Below the first - still very early in the process and render from an old laptop used for the holiday, but these are fairly simple to model... nice symmetric... so launch should be in mid August and hopefully with effects attached :D
1627037752424.png

Country
denmark
The road ahead after the latest Simupdate...

First up will be a small extension with native models some time in August... It will be a new download which can be used together or without the Global AI Ship Traffic main package, However apart from adding new ships it will also come with effects attached 😃

In order to move the more than 1300 models of Global AI Ship Traffic to native format it is as previously mentioned a time consuming process, and I can't mix native and non native models in one package, so I either I wait until all are upgraded and relaunch or I create a new native package and start expanding that one...

I have chosen the later, so what will happen is that little by little the extension which will be launched in August will be upgraded receiving sister ships of those included in the main package but converted to native format and with effects added. Once all models are converted the Global AI Ship Traffic will be relaunched in native format - and there will be somewhere well above 2000 different ships in the package...

To start up what will be launched in August will be:

* 5 models of Staten Islands ferries Alice Austen, John A. Noble, SSG Michael H.Ollis, Dorothy Day, and Sandy Ground

* A number of other small passenger ferries and tugs for New York

* 3 new Stena Line ferries for the Irish Sea between UK and Ireland

* 2 new Brittany Ferries models serving routes between France, Spain and the UK

* The newest DFDS ferry Cote d'Opale serving Dover-Calais

* 5-6 new LNG carriers

* A couple of new yachts

* A large number of container ships, bulk carriers and other ships carried over from Global AI Ship Traffic - these will be sister ships put on new routes.

* Finally I am discussing a number of new models with some of the long term partners of Global AI Ship Traffic :D

Country
australia
@KL791 This looks familiar... $30 for what you've been doing better for free, for years. But with, like, 5 ship models. ;)

https://orbxdirect.com/product/seafront-enhanced-ai
https://orbxdirect.com/product/seafront-global-shipping
Yeah I saw that come up in FB feed today from orbx, however the background image for global shipping has so many wrongs than rights just with the nav lighting for the clean sea model, they have attached a light on everything, im still trying to work out the dogs breakfast of what theyre trying to portray vs COLREGs

Country
denmark
Yes, I also saw it... I am afraid it will create a mess with the routes due to the simplicity of the AI engine so it will be either or.

I will keep working on the freeware and those who want to join - or as many are already doing reference ship models in scenery projects are welcome to contact me.

Below a few basic renders of the New York ferries for the August update - still working on the textures.

21072909471516112917510885.jpg

21072909582516112917510889.jpg