• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Global AI Ship Traffic FSX, P3D and MSFS2020

Country
denmark
Ok, it's been a month.. is the new GAIST RL out yet? If so, where do I download it?
As some you might have seen our dataprovider Fleetmon was acquired by another company some weeks back, so we are currently waiting for some last technical integrations.

Meanwhile we add more ships and fun...

ubpHPb-Screenshot-2023-03-23-211942.png

7apHPb-Screenshot-2023-01-24-210630.jpg

kapHPb-Dutch-Coast-Guard-MSFS-Holland-GAIST.jpg

XZoHPb-Screenshot-2023-03-19-185943.jpg

IZoHPb-Swedish-Trawler-MSFS.jpg

Bz46Pb-Global-AI-Ship-Traffic-RT-MSFS-Bergen-Dock.jpg

6fpHPb-Screenshot-2023-03-24-181721.png

Az46Pb-Global-AI-Ship-Traffic-RT-MSFS-Norway-Pilot-Boat.jpg

Country
finland
Very nice indeed. I hope that the new ownership of FleetMon does not affect your plans negatively.

Asobo should do something about the problem with reflections/shadows at the stern of the ships. It is starting the reflections/shadows in the water from the very stern tip and not from the point where the waterline starts (as it does IRL). Clearly visible on the pictures of Caporal Keable and Torland above as a dark area on the water in front of the ships... I suppose that the same problem is why the water is so dark underneath all bridges in MSFS...

Country
denmark
Very nice indeed. I hope that the new ownership of FleetMon does not affect your plans negatively.

Asobo should do something about the problem with reflections/shadows at the stern of the ships. It is starting the reflections/shadows in the water from the very stern tip and not from the point where the waterline starts (as it does IRL). Clearly visible on the pictures of Caporal Keable and Torland above as a dark area on the water in front of the ships... I suppose that the same problem is why the water is so dark underneath all bridges in MSFS...
Unfortunately it will at least give us a delay, but hopefully it will all be resolved :D

Country
denmark
And while we wait... sailboats have been animated so sails will be down at port and up at sea

FzXLPb-Screenshot-2023-04-09-193006.jpg

23040712074116112918154073.jpg

and then a real life test from Great Yarmouth this evening with pictures from one of our fellow simmers on the Vos Stone

xZFMPb-20230412-193754.jpg

vZFMPb-20230412-194540.png

and in MSFS with real time weather and GAIST Real Time.

vZFMPb-20230412-194540.png

xZFMPb-Screenshot-2023-04-12-210857.jpg

Country
denmark
Once again we can report live from MSFS with Global AI Ship Traffic Real Time... The ferry Walla Walla ran aground yesterday between Seattle and Bremerton, but despite tugs and Coast Guard being in place to assist we can see that still now that darkness has fallen the ferry remains solid on ground a few meters from the coast...

kNUNPb-Walla-Walla-grounded-MSFS-GAIST-RT-2023-04-16-071031.jpg

lNUNPb-Walla-Walla-MSFS-stuck-near-Bainbridge-Island.jpg

The model of Walla Walla is done by Larry Robinson - the tugs and Coast Guard by me.
kNUNPb-Screenshot-2023-04-16-071139.jpg

jNUNPb-Screenshot-2023-04-16-070331.jpg

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
So, your saying this software does real time crash reenactment? King 5 Seattle released this video 7 hours ago and I can't find any news link earlier than that.
Do you have some sort of alarm? "Henrik, your presence is requested in the operations room immediately, repeat."

Country
denmark
It is a sixt sense ;)

Well, probably it is youtube and harvesting my data... they know I searched for Walla Walla long ago and despite happening on the other side of the Earth and being utterly irrelevant for anything else than nerdish purposes for me it was the first thing they threw at me this morning when I wanted to watch a Blender tutorial...

Country
france
Ohhh GAIST RT is amazing if you can have the Real life problems too!

Hope they will get sorted ou soon with the Ferry tho....

Country
denmark
Ohhh GAIST RT is amazing if you can have the Real life problems too!

Hope they will get sorted ou soon with the Ferry tho....
I checked in my sim when it dawned and they have got it free and into Bremerton...

3ScOPb-Screenshot-2023-04-16-155147.jpg

BScOPb-Screenshot-2023-04-16-155208.jpg

looking at the past tracks it is kind of "Uppppssss.... we should have turned here..."

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
It's likely they lost hydraulic control of the rudder. If the color of the track indicates speed, you can see that it started to slow down almost immediately after missing the channel marker. The idea would be to intentionally ground it, gently if possible, until tide and tugs could arrive to free it. Trying to tell if it made it back under its own power, or was towed, the swoopy S tracks and directional reversal confusion at the terminal, suggest lashed on tug pilots more familiar with log rafts and river barges, than they are with a shallow drafted catamaran ferry.

Country
germany
Dear Simmer there is a small innovation in the SimDocks filebase.

I have added the area "GAIST" to the filebase today, where not only I have admin rights, but Henrik as well. At the moment in this download area are the additional route packages for the Lower Elbe and the North Sea (incl. English Channel and Irish Sea) and brand new a ship catalog (PDF) with all models and textures of the Gaist versions V3 and the upcoming V4 (1616 models in total).

DragonflightDesign

Resource contributor
Country
northernireland
I've lost track of this thread and what is sailing where, so... is there anything from Irish Ferries on the Irish Sea doing Dublin - Holyhead - Dublin? Or any of the other routes?