Gmax export to ASM file ?

:confused:Hi all,seems I may be missing something or just not understanding it,I want to export from Gmax a Hanger with Animated doors and add the Trigger with CATs but it requires ASM files.
I'm sure this is straight forward but any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

You need to tell MakeMDL to keep the ASM files. The easiest way to do that is to make a file called MakeMDL.cfg in the folder of MakeMDL.exe. Add the following text to this file:

Code:
[Options]
Keep=1

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

This is for the FS2004 gamepack only, not for the FSX gamepack. So you would have to install the FS2004 gamepack that is part of the FS2004 SDK.

And where can I download the fs2004 gamepack? because I can't find it anywhere... where it is ment to be it says wrong link or something like that...

Now I installed the gamepack to gmax. thanks for the helps but now it only lets me export my model in .p3d plasma file. and also when I open gmax from the fs2004 gamepőack there is a window with the title : create and export clouds after it asked me to select the flightsim effects folder... what am I doing wrong?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I don't think the gamepack loaded correctly. You used the shortcut in the gamepack folder to start it?

The fact that you have an FSTools menu listed in your image says you have installed the FSX gamepack into that gamepack folder. You can't run two at the same time - they must be in separate gamepack folders, and you use the shortcut in the specific folder for the version of the gamepack you are trying to load.

Hope this helps,

If you are running GMAX with the FS2004 gamepack it will not have an FSTools menu displayed, so you've clearly done something incorrect.

I've downloaded fs2004 gamepack and moved the fs2004 folder from the downloaded rar file to the .....gamepacks folder and inside I can see an fs2004 file that starts gmax

Is there any other method these days to create a ASM file. I prefer to use 3DS MAX. Or do i need to use FS2004 SDK?
The reason i ask is i want to use Arno's CAT for a hangar door animation based on frequency.