P3D v4 GMAX Exporting P3D V4

I am using P3D V4 SDK and I don't know if its compatible or not but I am also using GMAX FSX GAME PACK.

I am encountering problems such as I cant simply export anything to modelcovnerterx when I try to export it only has flight sim model, I dont have FSX just P3D V4 as well as the SDK.

Is there a proper way to install gmax for p3d v4 so it could automatically export with everything in the right place including the path settings for SDK too..

for information I am simply making a box and trying to export it to modelconverter x nothing extra

Attachments

I believe the route from gmax to P3D 4 is a difficult one. First, from gmax you would have to export a mdl. For this you need to have the proper FSX SDK's installed. Then you can open the mdl in MCX and export as P3D 4.

This clearly is a troublesome and trouble-ridden process. As you are no further than a simple box yet, try the more direct route through Blender.

I believe the route from gmax to P3D 4 is a difficult one. First, from gmax you would have to export a mdl. For this you need to have the proper FSX SDK's installed. Then you can open the mdl in MCX and export as P3D 4.

This clearly is a troublesome and trouble-ridden process. As you are no further than a simple box yet, try the more direct route through Blender.
If I may ask you, do you use Blender?

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Is there a proper way to install gmax for p3d v4 so it could automatically export with everything in the right place including the path settings for SDK too..
Short answer, no. If you learned Blender you could use the toolset available to export directly to P3D v4.x but for complex reasons Gmax will never be able to export to anything newer than FSX. The other option is 3ds Max, but without a student license that’s ruinously expensive.