• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX GMAX & FSX_gamepack Setup

jetwelder

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
so its not the dot comma,. problem....its not the dx9 problem.....but i would have installed it anyway.whatever the computer says,as it will do no harm...

gmax 1.2 is installed......the gamepack has been placed in the correct folder in gmax.....and the fsx shortcut from the gamepack is used to start gmax...the fs tools tab in gmax is available...

you have checked the sdk manual in the sdk...and looked at your installed software to see that all necessary advised by the sdk is indeed installed..

is fsx and the sdk installed to the same drive, usually drive c....in the sdk is a tool for reseting paths...find it and run it..it will do no harm..

download from the wiki Arnos excellent tutorial VIDEO....download the free VLC video app...follow ARNOS video to the letter.when you reach a point of failure,call for help with the details....

that leaves, does the sdk match your version of the sim...are the paths correct...do you have a corrupt install......

one other thing what version of fsx are you running.....fsx deluxe....update 1 and 2....acceleration..??..jim

try the video........its free......jim

Last edited:
Country
greece
As for my FSX SDK setup, I installed the fsx-sdk first from fsx deluxe DVD, then from fsx-Acceleration DVD.
Also, I tried the welding thing with a mesh editor and it returns "No vertices within weld threshold"

Weld parameters:
Selected: 0.1m
Target: 4 pixels

Last edited:
Country
greece
Guys, good news!

I finally managed to export a simple building successfully from GMAX..........:wizard:

I owe you millions of thanks!!

The real fun starts now :)

Peter