• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 GMax grass edges

Country
unitedkingdom
Hey guys, been a long time since I been logged in here. As some of you are aware, I am the guy that is making the EGBG scenery, this idea stalled a few months back but now I am back to re-doing this scenery from scratch.

Well, it's coming along rather nice, but I am stuck on one part now... grass edges.

I seen around here that you can use the loft method to create quicker grass edges, drawing the line where the grass will be, then drawing a rectangle in the top viewport, converting to editable spline and deleting top, bottom and right edges...I can do this fine.

But when i want to see the grass edges on the other side, they are not visible.
I seen i had to "flip normals", i was playign around in gmax to figure out how to flip the normals...but i cant find nothing, even google cant help me.

So guys, how do I flip normals in GMax (Latest version)

Many Regards

Darren

Country
spain
Hi Darren,

After cloning the part I want to 'Flip', I do it via Modifiers / Mesh Editing / Normal Modifier. Then just check the 'Flip Normals' box on the right.

Hope this helps ;)

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Darren,

After cloning the part I want to 'Flip', I do it via Modifiers / Mesh Editing / Normal Modifier. Then just check the 'Flip Normals' box on the right.

Hope this helps ;)

Brilliant! thank you so much, now I have tested that and it is certainly working, my next problem is the lofting...

When I created my line just a second ago, which was shaped like an 'S', When i created my loft, it didn't exactley follow the lines... any ideas?

Regards and MANY thanks

Darren

Country
unitedkingdom
Nevermind last question, figured it, instead of lofting my line as "get shape", I lofted it as "get path", then pressed 'H' to select my left edge of the rectangle spline, then alteredy my iterations to get the nice smoothe curv.

Ok, next problem, texturing, when I apply my grass edge texture, in some parts its fine, in others it seems too squashed or too stretched, I have played with the UVW Map modifier but still no improvement.

I remember having this problem a few months back, but can not remember how i got around it.

Thanks

Darren