.gml or .dwg into Blender?

Hi,

I got some 3D buildings from my town and I want to take them into blender. The files are in .gml or .dwg format. I already tried to convert them via ODA File Converter to .DXF to import them but that doesnt work.

Blender shows the following error message. Anyone have an idea how to take them into Blender?
Unbenannt.jpg

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Are you sure they are really 3D? These formats can also be used to just store the footprints.

Gml is not typically supported by 3D programs, so the dwg to dxf route sounds best indeed.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
The error seems to be about a face that already exists. But I'm not familiar with the details of the blender importer.

What I could do is try to load the file into MCX and see if that works. Can you share the file with me for testing?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I had a look at the file you send the link to. I used another online converter to go from dwg to dxf, but after enabling the dxf support in the library I use in MCX to read objects I'm able to see the objects. From MCX you can then export in a format that Blender supports, e.g. Wavefront OBJ, FBX, etc.

I will add the DXF support in the next development release of MCX.

1544124190428.png