• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Google Changed the URL - SBuilderX

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Hi Nudge.

Apparently Google has broken it's own satellite views. On my computer, no google map satellite from any website, including it's own google maps, are working. Map views are OK.

Your urls work for satellite views now, but I'm guessing google will return to the older URLs, else thousands of sites that use their API will be broken for good.

Hang onto the old 'GoogleServer.dll' and rename it as 'GoogleServer.dll.old', just in case google finds it's error and reuses the old url at a later date.

I looked for a piblic notice of URL change, and found none on the internet. So there's lots of websites affected, including:

http://www.ptsim.com/sbuilder/gmaps.htm

which Luis created for the old Sbuilder.

Dick

Country
australia
Hi Nudge.

Apparently Google has broken it's own satellite views. On my computer, no google map satellite from any website, including it's own google maps, are working. Map views are OK.

Your urls work for satellite views now, but I'm guessing google will return to the older URLs, else thousands of sites that use their API will be broken for good.

Hang onto the old 'GoogleServer.dll' and rename it as 'GoogleServer.dll.old', just in case google finds it's error and reuses the old url at a later date.

I looked for a piblic notice of URL change, and found none on the internet. So there's lots of websites affected, including:

http://www.ptsim.com/sbuilder/gmaps.htm

which Luis created for the old Sbuilder.

Dick

Hi Dick,

I have still got the original DLL, just incase it is the case.

I just checked http://www.ptsim.com/sbuilder/gmaps.htm and they are also now using the new URL.

I also use Maps2Bgl_X and this is not broken, not sure what google is up to.

Country
us-hawaii
Has the Google server changed again? Even with the mod .dll I cannot get SBuilderX to display imagery from Google

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Google has added a Captcha to secure it's images, and as such has made them unavailable for SBuilderX.

Also, ask.com is now using MS Virtual Earth, so ASK no longer works.

Virtual Earth and Yahoo are still valid.

Dick

Luis_Sá

Resource contributor
Country
portugal
Hi,

I have just verified the DLL and :eek: in fact only the StreetMap works. I will check the Satellite part during the week and I will post the result here.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Luis

ps: the web page works fine for me.

Country
us-hawaii
Directly? No. But Luis has setup a site for images from Google; http://www.ptsim.com/sbuilder/gmaps.asp?Lat=41.876&Lon=-120.147

I can utilize my screen capture program to snap the new window that opens with an enlarged image. Save as a BMP file, copy the coordinate data into a TXT file with the same name as the BMP file. Now the image can be loaded into SBX using the Add Map | From Disk command.

This is definitely a better workable solution than my prior method!

Country
newzealand
Thank you it now downloads from the Google server and displays, however when I load an image into Sbuilder from my disk it appears very big. How do I change it to fit in the surroundings?

Thanks

Nick

Luis_Sá

Resource contributor
Country
portugal
Hello Nick,

If you add an image from the disk and you set Background_View=OFF you can see the image at various zoom levels.

It will be useful to toggle the Background_View ON and OFF to check if the added image is well positioned.

If the image you have in the disk is too large, you need to get a smaller one. I really do not understand the problem.

Kind Regards,

Luis