FSX GP Compiler Options

Hi all, I was wondering if someone could give me some help with GP lines. I’ve followed the steps in the manual but can’t get them to appear in FSX I’ve read in several places that you should complete GP to ARP elevation however I don’t get this option. I get the 2 files in the root directory but no GP lines. Is it something simple like the files not being activated in FSX ? Or am I dining something wrong in ADE ? Can anyone offer me any help please. Thanks !

Attachments

gadgets

Resource contributor
The file LERS ADEX_CR_GP.bgl contains your ground polys. I suspect your airport has not been flattened and that as a result your GPs are below the surface, Do yourself a favor and check FS8-Style GPs. But your airport probably should be flattened to ARP elevations (which is how you get GPs at ARP) anyway.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Received and tested. The GPs appeared. The only thing I noticed is that ADE_GP asked that you edit a GP before it would compile. I responded "Yes" and then cancelled the edit (just to see what would happen). The GPs in the upper left corner of the apron all appeared. I'm using stock terrain.

It is in the \Scenery\World\Scenery. folder it compiles to the add on scenery folder but I never use it. so have always placed the BGL file in the \Scenery\World\Scenery folder.

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
you should not put anything in world \scenery. ADE may use this folder for pre load files when airport ref altitude is changed. If you put an airport bgl file in there it will get canceled by the stock files.

you should not put anything in world \scenery. ADE may use this folder for pre load files when airport ref altitude is changed. If you put an airport bgl file in there it will get canceled by the stock files.
Even when compiled and left in the Add on scenery folder GPs dont show

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Take a screenshot of Addon Scenery\Scenery and post it here. Can you confirm you are working with ADE for FSX?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK - so you have the GP file in the Addon Scenery\Scenery folder along with the airport and terrain files. You say you don't use this folder normally? Is it set as an active scenery area in the sim and is is at the top of the list. Can you confirm that you have reloaded the sim since you compiled the above files? Can you confirm that changes you made to the airport (did you make any) are displaying correctly? Did you take Don's advice and check FS8 style GPs?

Finally please send me the .ad4 project file that you sent to Don

I am using the FS8 Style GPs. It is active and at the top of the listing, FSX has been restarted.ADE.JPGFSX.JPG and there has been no change

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK - I took your project and compiled it without making any changes. I did get a request to edit one of the GP objects - the big rectangle. It seemed not to have a texture. I did what Don says when this happens, Edited and closed the GP editor. Here is ADE

1581594231334.png

Here it is in FSX

1581594268948.png

Your GP lines are present and correct as far as I can tell. I did notice they are rather thin so I made a couple wider and compiled again

1581594808231.png

So i guess I cannot replicate your problem. Unless there are GP objects elsewhere which are in the project but not showing.

I really dont get what i could possibly be doing wrong then because i am still not getting the lines
2020-2-13_11-56-58-694.JPG

can i ask for a screen grab of the options you have selected in the GP compiler please ?

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
We are not looking at the same airport, or certainly not the same location at that airport. You have a tiled surface under your plane - there is no such surface in the airport I am looking at, either as stock or modified by your project. This is LERS? Please start FSX and go to this airport again . Then go into top down view and zoom out so I can see more of the area this shot shows. Take a shot and post it here

Also in ADE go to Tools > File Priority Analyzer. Set it up like this making sure you have the project loaded first

1581596721829.png

Click Scan

You will get something like this

1581596900829.png

Take a screenshot of that and post it here