• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Grand Case Airport (TFFG), St. Maarten

Country
belgium
Hello,

I'm currently working on the 2nd airport of the famous island of St. Maarten.
The airport can handle aircraft such as the ATR-72 and 42. The airport has two airclubs.

I contacted the local airclub and they sent me some images. After two days of modeling with Sketchup, the main terminal building is done, without texturing. (texturing will start tonight :) ). It was pretty difficult for me to estimate the distances, as there were no plans of the building available and aerial imagery wasn't very accurate. Note that this is my very first scenery project.:D

Cheers
Gerbrand De Laender

Attachments

• TFFG- Grand Case.jpg
    TFFG- Grand Case.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 992
  • TFFG- Grand Case_1.jpg
    TFFG- Grand Case_1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 854
  • TFFG- Grand Case_2.jpg
    TFFG- Grand Case_2.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 904
  • TFFG- Grand Case_3.jpg
    TFFG- Grand Case_3.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,053
  • TFFG- Grand Case_4.jpg
    TFFG- Grand Case_4.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 949
Country
spain
Great news¡, :D, always I have been fighting with this airport, first I tried the Fs9 version of this airport worked with fsx without succes,and recently download a new one for fsx, the airport was great but I had problems with runways and other terrain issues, so I gived up, I wish you good luck with you project.:cool:

Country
us-northcarolina
It was pretty difficult for me to estimate the distances, as there were no plans of the building available and aerial imagery wasn't very accurate. Note that this is my very first scenery project.:D

Looks great! Can't wait to see it textured! Also, for distances, the measure tool on Google Earth works great. Also, I'm very impressed that this is your first project :D

Country
belgium
Thanks guys,
but i think there's still very much work to do :D
I'd like to keep it freeware, of course! :) :)

I'll keep you informed,
Gerbrand

Country
belgium
Looks great! Can't wait to see it textured! Also, for distances, the measure tool on Google Earth works great. Also, I'm very impressed that this is your first project :D

I know the tool is pretty accurate, i also used it :D
But afterwards, it's a bit trying to find the right distances and proportions, so it would look like the images.

Luckily I'm learning fast :)

Country
belgium
Here is a little update. Texturing has begun and the roof is 'done'. The main -yellowish- texture is also applied. I'm now busy with the windows etc.

Sorry for the image quality... hopefully you can see the 'relief' in the textures.

Regards

Attachments

• TFFG- Grand Case_5.jpg
    TFFG- Grand Case_5.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 746
  • TFFG- Grand Case_6.jpg
    TFFG- Grand Case_6.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 749
  • TFFG- Grand Case_7.jpg
    TFFG- Grand Case_7.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,056
Country
netherlands
Thats nice
I see that you are from Belgium any change that you are going to make scenery`s of Belgian airports.

Country
belgium
Yep, another update :) The main terminal building is fully textured (but without LM and alpha channels, I'll add them later). I'm going to start with the other builings and parking, etc. I hope some of you like it.

Note: The quality and the look of the building is much better in Sketchup. The image quality is rather low...

Cheers

Attachments

• TFFG- Grand Case_10.jpg
    TFFG- Grand Case_10.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 593
  • TFFG- Grand Case_9.jpg
    TFFG- Grand Case_9.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 658
  • TFFG- Grand Case_8.jpg
    TFFG- Grand Case_8.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 668
  • TFFG- Grand Case_11.jpg
    TFFG- Grand Case_11.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 700
  • TFFG- Grand Case_12.jpg
    TFFG- Grand Case_12.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 639
  • TFFG- Grand Case_13.jpg
    TFFG- Grand Case_13.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 665
Country
unitedkingdom
Waow To be honest I patience to fly this airport.Waiting for gorund detail.

Thank you very much indeed.

Country
belgium
Just finished the tower... The work will go a bit slower now since I've school again :mad:

Attachments

• TFFG- Grand Case_14.jpg
    TFFG- Grand Case_14.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 778
  • TFFG- Grand Case_15.jpg
    TFFG- Grand Case_15.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 750
Country
spain
Are you thinking about Fsx ?, you could make the two versions, someday the people will switch to fsx though I am no sure :eek:

Country
netherlandsantilles
Looks very nice, will this scenery be compatible with the flytampa Scenery? Keep up the good Work :)