• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Ground poly with native material cause flickering

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hi,
I've got a big problem that I don't know how to solve. I have done ground poly with native material in 3dsmax. I have already cut the ground poly to 100x100 meter pieces. The export it with P3Dv4.5 sdk to get X file. Then I load X-files into MCX and set up Zbias to be correct ones and do round world correction. I compiled it with XML and bglcomp from P3Dv4.5 as well and get Bgl file. It came out just fine when I first did it. So, I continue doing other things until I am almost done with the project. Then I came back to test, I don't know what happen. All my ground poly flickers as hell. Everything flickering. I tried to remove all the files that were built after GP, but nothing helps.
Before:
Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4 13_2_2563 11_45_35.png

After:
Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4 18_3_2563 14_04_30.png

What could possibly cause this flickering?

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I have uninstalled and reinstall P3Dv4.5 again and the problem went away.
But a lot of users have the same problem of flickering. It seems to me that P3Dv4.5 ignore Z bias.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello Tic

What version of P3Dv4.5 are you installing may I ask?

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I download the new MCX and try to use GPW. It came out nice but some users still have problem.
Finally, it turns out to be the problem of shader. Once the shader folder in P3Dv4 is deleted, the problem goes away.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
So, that means that they will not be seeing PBR materials? Is this a temporary fix?

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Shader folder in P3D will be generated again when you start it. Everything will be back to it used to be but the problem goes away. I don't know why either. PBR material is still working.