• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Ground Polygon Wizard .NET unhandled exception

Country
finland
Hello, I am trying to convert a runway ground polygon of FMMI - Ivato scenery (made for FS2004) to work in P3D v4.4 but there is a problem when I try to use the Ground Polygon Wizard to convert the runway polygon. I tried just doing the earth curvature correction from the toolbar and then exporting as scenery bgl. But it won't work properly because in sim the runway is higher in the middle and making the plane looking like sank into the runway at the middle (due to inproper earth curvature correction). So that's why I have to use the GPW. I can use GPW to convert the scenery but only if I disable both of these: The slice polygons every 100m option and the Ground Polygons grouping (500m) option. If I do that, scenery will convert as usual but I have the same problem in sim as described before. Then, if I leave the slice 100m option on and Ground poly grouping off, the polygon will convert but it will be only a part of the polygon or it's just completely messed up (it won't be one whole piece). Finally, trying in the way it would probably work in sim (slice 100m and ground poly grouping options ON) I will get an error and the scenery won't convert. I will attach some pics here also and the log of the error.

For the record though, I have succesfully converted a few FS2004 ground polygons with a few months older version of MCX but when I tried that same version it gave the same error so maybe it's something with the scenery..
I'm using the latest development release currently though.

EDIT: I have fixed the problem! :D
I got trapped again in naming the folder incorrectly where MCX was located. Because the folders had spaces and a hashtag (to find it more easily at the top) it probably messed up things with MCX. I decided to check the path because I read that SketchUp won't import textures with a DAE model if you have a path name not suitable for the program to understand..

Here's one example how you can see what was wrong: P3D_v4%20downloads/%23Development/MCX/modelconverterx_latest_development_release%20(3)/ModelConverterX.exe
As you can see there are percent signs and numbers where should be a space or a hashtag. I moved the MCX folder to D: drive root and everything worked immediately.

I hope this helps others with problems with MCX. Check your MCX path first, it can have a huge impact after all.
(probably this was mentioned in the MCX wiki or something but I've never noticed that :p) if not, please add it. It would help those who have different way of naming folders or people who have user names that contain "non-standard letters".

- Jan

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at ASToFra.ObjectEditor.ObjectGridFilter.GridFilterObject(Double size)
at ASToFra.ModelConverterX.GroundPolyWizard.cmdConvert_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.3815.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ModelConverterX
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Jan/P3D_v4%20downloads/%23Development/MCX/modelconverterx_latest_development_release%20(3)/ModelConverterX.exe
ASToFra.ErrorHandler
CodeBase: file:///D:/Jan/P3D_v4%20downloads/%23Development/MCX/modelconverterx_latest_development_release%20(3)/ASToFra.ErrorHandler.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.8.3801.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
ASToFra.Utils
CodeBase: file:///D:/Jan/P3D_v4%20downloads/%23Development/MCX/modelconverterx_latest_development_release%20(3)/ASToFra.Utils.DLL
ASToFra.Interfaces
CodeBase: file:///D:/Jan/P3D_v4%20downloads/%23Development/MCX/modelconverterx_latest_development_release%20(3)/ASToFra.Interfaces.DLL
ASToFra.ObjectModel3D
CodeBase: file:///D:/Jan/P3D_v4%20downloads/%23Development/MCX/modelconverterx_latest_development_release%20(3)/ASToFra.ObjectModel3D.DLL
ASToFra.ObjectReader
CodeBase: file:///D:/Jan/P3D_v4%20downloads/%23Development/MCX/modelconverterx_latest_development_release%20(3)/ASToFra.ObjectReader.DLL
ASToFra.ObjectWriter
CodeBase: file:///D:/Jan/P3D_v4%20downloads/%23Development/MCX/modelconverterx_latest_development_release%20(3)/ASToFra.ObjectWriter.DLL
ASToFra.EventLog
CodeBase: file:///D:/Jan/P3D_v4%20downloads/%23Development/MCX/modelconverterx_latest_development_release%20(3)/ASToFra.EventLog.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
ASToFra.ObjectRenderer
CodeBase: file:///D:/Jan/P3D_v4%20downloads/%23Development/MCX/modelconverterx_latest_development_release%20(3)/ASToFra.ObjectRenderer.DLL
CSGL12DLL
Assembly Version: 12.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Jan/P3D_v4%20downloads/%23Development/MCX/modelconverterx_latest_development_release%20(3)/CSGL12DLL.DLL
ASToFra.ParticleEffects
CodeBase: file:///D:/Jan/P3D_v4%20downloads/%23Development/MCX/modelconverterx_latest_development_release%20(3)/ASToFra.ParticleEffects.DLL
ASToFra.FSUtils
CodeBase: file:///D:/Jan/P3D_v4%20downloads/%23Development/MCX/modelconverterx_latest_development_release%20(3)/ASToFra.FSUtils.DLL
ASToFra.TextureObject
CodeBase: file:///D:/Jan/P3D_v4%20downloads/%23Development/MCX/modelconverterx_latest_development_release%20(3)/ASToFra.TextureObject.DLL
AssimpNet
Assembly Version: 3.3.1.0
Win32 Version: 3.3.1
CodeBase: file:///D:/Jan/P3D_v4%20downloads/%23Development/MCX/modelconverterx_latest_development_release%20(3)/AssimpNet.DLL
ASToFra.TextureLoader
CodeBase: file:///D:/Jan/P3D_v4%20downloads/%23Development/MCX/modelconverterx_latest_development_release%20(3)/ASToFra.TextureLoader.DLL
ASToFra.ObjectEditor
CodeBase: file:///D:/Jan/P3D_v4%20downloads/%23Development/MCX/modelconverterx_latest_development_release%20(3)/ASToFra.ObjectEditor.DLL
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
ASToFra.TextureWriter
CodeBase: file:///D:/Jan/P3D_v4%20downloads/%23Development/MCX/modelconverterx_latest_development_release%20(3)/ASToFra.TextureWriter.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Attachments

• err.PNG
    err.PNG
    25.6 KB · Views: 126
  • settings.PNG
    settings.PNG
    38.2 KB · Views: 131
Last edited: