• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Groundpoly is sinking into ground

Country
austria
Good afternoon hope someone could help me.
my texture is sinking into the ground.

its far away looking so next is zoom steps
Pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Pic3.jpg

Here is the ADE Flatten
ADE.JPG

and MCX Prior setting
MCX.JPG

also tried to set the ground texture 1m above ground no change

if you need other settings let me know
To you have any ideas?

Country
unitedkingdom
It's because MCX cuts it up and places the origin on each part on areas which aren't at airport altitude.

Export it again and untick group polygons.

You can save the settings and reload them using the top right hand side buttons, saves a LOT of hassle.

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
It is often happen to me as well. You need to make sure that all the surface of the airfield is in the same height. Even though you set up flatten, sometimes FSX refuse to flatten to that height (don't know why either). You need TcalX and slew through the airfield. If you have to choose one point that higher than the rest and then flatten it again in ADE using that height. The problem will go away.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Group polygons can help with autogen suppression. Autogen tree will be suppressed less if this box is checked.

Severin

Resource contributor
Country
ca-ontario
It is often happen to me as well. You need to make sure that all the surface of the airfield is in the same height. Even though you set up flatten, sometimes FSX refuse to flatten to that height (don't know why either). You need TcalX and slew through the airfield. If you have to choose one point that higher than the rest and then flatten it again in ADE using that height. The problem will go away.

Interesting, where can one find TcalX?

Country
portugal

That happens to me, but if I untick group polygons it creates a big hole line between some polygons:
2016-1-13_12-5-35-98.jpg
And using Tcalcx, alt changes from 7.3150005..... to 7.3150002, so I can't change the altitude on model converter because in only accepts 7.3150.

Country
portugal
did it... even tried 8.000, if I untick group polygons that hole always appears. But I'm suspicious that It's a problem with my laptop. I'll try on my other PC.