P3D v4 Grundy Municipal Airport (KGDY) - Grundy, Virginia for FSX/P3Dv4

Coming soon, it's Grundy Municipal Airport! The airport was built in the 1960s on top of a mountain flattened by coal mining near Grundy and Vansant Virginia. The hangars at the airport have long since fallen into disrepair but the grounds themselves are kept up nicely and the airport is still open and active. The a runway only 2,256 ft long with a sharp drop on both ends, making it well known locally for being a hairy landing experience. This one will surely be a fun destination for GA flyers... jets need not apply!

GDY1.jpg
GDY2.jpg
GDY3.jpg
GDY4.jpg
GDY5.jpg

Flown in there a few times...PA-28 and PA-32-300R. You guys ought to take a look at Ona, WV...That's a challenging airport too!

Coming soon, it's Grundy Municipal Airport! The airport was built in the 1960s on top of a mountain flattened by coal mining near Grundy and Vansant Virginia. The hangars at the airport have long since fallen into disrepair but the grounds themselves are kept up nicely and the airport is still open and active. The a runway only 2,256 ft long with a sharp drop on both ends, making it well known locally for being a hairy landing experience. This one will surely be a fun destination for GA flyers... jets need not apply!

View attachment 45973View attachment 45974View attachment 45975View attachment 45976View attachment 45977
looking good!!!

She's finished. Will be released Friday on our site www.theairportguys.com

The scenery will feature:

-A high detail rendition of the Grundy Municipal Airport as it exists presently.
-The towns of Grundy and Vansant, Virginia
-The "poplar gap" area, consisting of a park and a new residential area built on reclaimed coal mining land.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

DragonflightDesign

Resource contributor
Very familiar scenery. I've flown into and out of CRW which (as you know) is another mountain with the top cut off. On my last flight I was on a Dash-8-Q300 in row A, so I could clearly hear the flight crew. I had to grin when I heard the EGPWS go loopy on short finals.

Ah yes, CRW would be a really neat field to model! At any rate, Grundy is now released on our site! :D