• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Guayaquil Intl SEGU

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Meanwhile I was attempting to create a crafted "photoreal" using the Blender node system. Let's see how far this can be taken :)
At the moment it only consists of grass and asphalt but this will obviously be changed.

have a look yourselves:

raster.jpg
raster2.jpg

What do you think?

It looks complicated already

raster_work.jpg

Country
germany
Just want to inform you with some ongoing process. I managed to get a new, better background image, so that I can do modeling and positioning much better. Also it is now in the correct size (thanks to dave ;))

So what I did in the last days is to correct the size of all existing buildings, bridges and roads. So far I finished the work except the new terminal and parts of the bridges+roads.

I also added lots of buildings in the south of the airport in the military part. All things are coming together nicely. Stay tuned.

Country
germany
So here I got a huge update for you today I finished the first part of the roads and bridges around the airport. All bridges got individual model-forms and piers. Took me a lot of time to get all in a form that convimced myself. Now we need to get some textures for them. One of the last steps will be the correction and connection of the differents roads and bridges. So still lots to do.

untitled1.jpg
untitled2.jpg
untitled.jpg
untitled3.jpg
untitled5.jpg
untitled6.jpg

In my last post I wrote that I created some buildings in the military part of the airport. So here are a picture where you can see them in the North. Most of them are barracks.
untitled4.jpg

Hope you like the update. In the next few days I will also post some pics that show the different piers and bridges on our fb page. Feel free to follow us ;)

Country
germany
Hi guys,

we just wanna inform you, that developing is still continuing. We did a lot of things but some of them aren't ready yet for showcasing ;)

So, lets talk about what we have done in the past:

The first construction site was the city of guayaquil where I added lots of buildings but lots of them still missing.
Mall:

untitled.jpg

untitled4.jpg

Church and lighthouse (thx to KL791 for your pictures). I guess its far to detailed, but this was fun :D

untitled6.jpg

Secondly I rescale all buildings, cause they had a wrong size. Especially the new terminal was very difficult. While doing this I also improved lots of things. That save of edges will end up in more fps hopefully ;)
Also started to create the jetways.

untitled8.jpg

Last but not least I corrected and did some work on the old terminal of Guayaquil.

untitled10.jpg

This update isn't all we do. Dave got lot more. We will show you much more in few weeks. We will talk about tower, autogen and textures and so on. For more pictures follow us on Facebook ;)

Hope you like it

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hello again,

I know it's been a while since I last posted here as I spent quite some time researching for techniques.

Meanwhile I covered the city of Guayaquil with a custom Land Class texture and roads from OpenStreetMap data.
It is also an attempt to work around the chaos one gets when the vector roads start to mix with the roads on the LC tiles:

city02.jpg

city03.jpg

city01.jpg

What do you think?

There will be a system with an even more accurate layout close to the airport :)

Country
germany
The autogen looks very nice and gives a good feeling...but the street layout on the underground texture is hard to look on cuz actually all street overlaying building. Would be nice if you could adjust the underground textures!

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Would be nice if you could adjust the underground textures!

That's not really possible because it's a tiled land class texture. Creating a raster bgl for such a large city would mean millions of hand placed autogen buildings on the other hand so we decided not to do this.
But we are working on a way to make it less obvoius, including removing of some of the less important streets and also a custom street texture.

Also as I mentioned the autogen and ground texture will be done at an accurate layout for the closer airport surroundings.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
How is the fps? Does those streets impact on fps? My friend do that for Bangkok and it has considerable impact on fps.

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hello back here with something that might be worth showing:
Some custom autogen buildings for some certain residential areas

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

What do you think? :)

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I think the custom textures would fit better if they were color matched to the roof colors of the autogen buildings.

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I think the custom textures would fit better if they were color matched to the roof colors of the autogen buildings.
Actually they are mached as close as possible to our references.

What I forgot to mention was these are library objects which are all together mapped to one single texture sheet.

Country
germany
I felt that I need to post something new here. Also I dont finished things I wanted to before posting again, I show you this pictures now:

Had a look around the airport and modeled all variantions of lamps that needed later on for the streets and bridges.
untitled3.jpg

Continue mapping the bridges and highways around the airport. Just some left here ;)
untitled6.jpg

Lately I started to redo the busterminal, cause it wasnt a accurate and nice looking model. Finished both main side of it. Just one side left (will get some picture material for that soon)
untitled4.jpg

Hope you like it :) We will come back to you as soon as possible

Country
unitedstates
is there any way you could tell me all the programs you use. I would really like to start getting into making my own sceneries.

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
is there any way you could tell me all the programs you use. I would really like to start getting into making my own sceneries.

We both use Blender for modeling and gimp for texturing.
QGIS, GDAL and scenProc are used to process terrain data.

I also use FSXPlanner for creating the airport layout ("AFCAD")

The rest is pretty much done with the SDK tools.

Country
macedonia
The ground seems to be really good Dave, just a tip by me, make your ground poly 80% transparent to the aerial, it looks much more better and realistic :)