• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

GUID and EZ Library Manager

Country
france
:) Hi, it's my first message in this forum.

I have a problem with my ground polygon mdl

- First of all, I use FS9.

1. I create a plane in GMax FS2002 Gamepack
2. Export it
3. Tweak the asm file
4. Compile it with bglc_9 to get the mdl file.

No problem with this step (thanks for the wiki Arno)

After this, I'd like to place this huge plane with EZ Scenery which is a very useful tool.

I open a new library and I add this ground.mdl

When I want to generate the bgl, I got a message error :

C2024: Failed to process closing element tag <ModelData>

I read a lot of threads that speaks about this error.

I know that the problem comes from the GUID.

I tried to export my ground poly with the FS2004 Gamepack in order to keep the XML File which contains the (good?) GUID.

I copy and paste this GUID in the XML files created by EZ Library Manager. And I tried again to generate a BGL, and I get this error again.

How could I solve this problem ?

Thanks a lot .
Kinan:)

Country
france
It's just to say that I solved my problem.

My goal was to create a bgl usable with EZ Scenery.

However, after tweaking the ASM file and compile it with BGLC_9, the model lost his GUID, it cause that this final mdl don't match with EZ Scenery

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

You can not make Fs2002 style ground polygons as MDL files, that is your problem. So because of that they can not be put in a library object either.

When you compile the ASM files with the tweaks you get a BGL file for use in FS directly. The coordinates for placement are given when you export from GMax.