• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 GVBA Boa Vista for FSX/P3D

Country
unitedkingdom
Ich weiß, Sie sagten, frag nicht nach "release dates" - werde ich nicht machen - aber wie geht's voran?

Country
germany
Ich weiß, Sie sagten, frag nicht nach "release dates" - werde ich nicht machen - aber wie geht's voran?
Let's do it in English for all.
Unfortunately there hasn't been a lot of progress. At the moment we are really busy with our real life jobs. Further more, at the moment P3D is too buggy to release our scenery. We have some serious issues with the blendmask which I've already posted here in the forum. But it is not just our scenery, also some projects from FSDG have this issue too. I will also add a night version to the photoreal as soon as LM fixes the blendmask problem.

Country
germany
Hi all together,

I think it's time for an update on the progress of Boa Vista.
First of all, the project was long put aside, but it has been restarted with a big update for the ground polygon aswell as small elements around the apron.

Next up:
-finishing the terminal
-finishing the RIU hotel
-fixing and adding some more airport buildings
-adding more autogen

Don't expect any release before summer.

Cédrice, Cleidir, Marc and Thomas

A.png

B.png

C.png

D.png

F.png

G.png

H.png

I.png

J.png

L.png

Country
germany
Hello community,

we have double good news for you:

1. I finished the first part of my final exam of my reallife job, that means, I now can continue with the autogen work.

...and now the big news!!!

2. Cédrice finished the terminal. It took him several months to complete it due to the lack of images and amount of modelling and texturing work. But we finally can show you all the most beautiful terminal building in the sim!

All in all the progress is good, but we still do not want to give a release date.

Now please enjoy the screenshots!

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Uff, that looks gorgeous. But that's a great job you have done there. This invites you to take a virtual walk after landing. Big respect.

Congratulations to the passed exam, Thomas :)

Cédrice

Resource contributor
Country
france
I thank you for your kind words,
Even me who did it I let myself be seduced during the tests to walk.
An outside terminal is unusual, it had to be realized as well.
The group will remember this terminal that gave us cold sweats as it had to be performed twice after a data loss :)

Country
germany
Uff, that looks gorgeous. But that's a great job you have done there. This invites you to take a virtual walk after landing. Big respect.

Congratulations to the passed exam, Thomas :)

Thank you, Christian! :)
We started with the project exactly 3 years ago. But without Cédrice, who joined us about one year ago, this project wouldn't have made such a big progress!

Country
germany
Unfortunately, at this moment ,we can't tell you anything regarding a release date, because the source data of the groundpoly has been lost. Without a new groundpoly, there will be shader issues in P3D v3 and v4 which won't satisfy anyone. We will let you know if there is something new. Thanks for understanding.

Country
scotland
Hi thokle,

Just wondering if you had managed to overcome the issues you raised in the last update.

The scenery looks too good and far along to be cancelled.

G

Cédrice

Resource contributor
Country
france
Even though my name is not thokle, I can tell you that all the ground pol works perfectly with the shadow and even the reflections.
The delay lies on the hotels which represents as much work as the airport itself.
The development continues,
I hope to have answered your questions.