• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Helicopter controls

Hi om buildig a heli simulator and i have a old set Of flight link g-stick III with pedals and collective as my controls. My current problem is that these are way to insensitive for satisfactory helicopter replication (8 bit controller in the stick is shit) which means I'm looking for a cyclic, pedals and collective solution that is properly built with a good 12-bit or hire controller so that the small movement that you do to keep a hover will register in fsx

Ay tips on good controllers?

Country
us-ohio
Perhaps make your own with an Arduino board? They have 10-bit resolution.

The Arduino Due has 12-bit resolution.

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
Gear ratios is an easy way of achieving the sensitivity you want. The beauty about gearboxes is that you can change the ratio's for whatever machine you are flying. Among helicopters the controls do not all feel the same and the sensitivity is not the same at all. The differences in control feeling for example in the R22 and R44 are vastly different. Then you finally get the controls worked out and ratio'd the way they should feel and then you realize the simulator gives you no feedback which leads to a feeling that whole thing was not worth the effort. I do not care how much you spend on your peripherals, they will always be rubbish and a good pilot will fly even with a keyboard or a gamepad because the real thing is so insanely difficult that pc simulation is a bit of a joke really.

Country
wales
Have a look at the Komodo website. Their heli cyclic and collective use 12 bit A-D with Hall Effect 'resistors' - no hysteresis and no moving parts. A bit pricey but you don't get quality controls cheap.

Cheers -Dai. :cool: