Helipad on top of building

Hi all,

I have made a custom heliport.

I want to use ADE for the helipad only. I mean for the user to select the helipad when they a are setting up in P3D or fsx.

How can i do this in ADE?

In ADE pro version I think you can edit the XML for the parking spot to modify the altitude to match the altitude of the platform. I have never tried it, but I would start there.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Actually it does work. It does take some trial and error to get the elevation offsets right, too low and the helo spawns on the ground, too high and the helo falls through the sky onto the platform. This was a project I did for a client and I had to have 3 spawnable helipads on top of downtown buildings.

The third one is on top of the striped building at the upper right corner of the solar panel array. I also had to add those, which seemed oddly redundant for a country that exports about 20 times it's energy needs in the form of crude oil.

Actually it does work. It does take some trial and error to get the elevation offsets right, too low and the helo spawns on the ground, too high and the helo falls through the sky onto the platform. This was a project I did for a client and I had to have 3 spawnable helipads on top of downtown buildings.

The third one is on top of the striped building at the upper right corner of the solar panel array. I also had to add those, which seemed oddly redundant for a country that exports about 20 times it's energy needs in the form of crude oil.
Hi there,

Cool project, love it.

Can i ask then? How do i adjust the height of the helipad in ADE? At the moment i am just using the start postion function which height is aligned is aligned to the overall airport hieght. Which means you have to rebuild the airport every time. Is that correct?

=rk=

Resource contributor
You also have to have a hard platform to catch the helicopter. I am pretty sure the default oil rig works as an example, but I forget if it has a start that you can spawn to.

You also have to have a hard platform to catch the helicopter. I am pretty sure the default oil rig works as an example, but I forget if it has a start that you can spawn to.
I have done that in mcx and can confirm it works. I am now having a problem with start elevation when a player loads on the pad. The helicopter does not start on the pad. I think it is a start object elevation problem. So i am guessing that i need to play with the airport elevation.