• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Hello and Thankyou

Hello everybody,
I recently found this forum after scratching my head a lot and great deal of searching online for practical FS scenery advice. All I can say is a big thankyou for the information I have already put to good use, and I thought it was only polite to introduce myself before asking possible questions in the future.
My name is Marcus and I have been learning basic Gmax modelling since March this year, and am reaching the point where online tutorials can only take me so far. I am finding descriptions and suggestions a little more confusing now I have started to try and edit source code etc. So I hope that someone, in the future might be so kind as to offer a helping hand, here and there. If I should have any queries, I will try and be as consise as possible, after researching as much as I can, first.
Again, many thanks for the great repository of knowledge. I hope we can enjoy some conversations in the future. :)

Marcus

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Marcus,

Welcome to the forums.

Source code tweaking can indeed become kind of complex. In most cases you want to do something special and it is hard to cover all those things in tutorials.

But when you ask your questions I am sure someone here will be able to give you suggestions or help debugging the code tweaks.

Enjoy the forums :).

Thanks very much for the welcome Arno. I appreciate it.
I've stretched myself a bit far on my current/first project (so much to do, so much to learn) and I am still in the process of learning what to you guys must be elemetary stuff. So before I go asking 'silly' questions I thought it best to read up us much as possible, and the forum's great. However due to some insights and advice from others, I am getting my head around the 'down'-grade from FS2004sdk to the FS2002sdk and am finding certain things a tad different. When I have that cracked I will probably be posting away. Just wanted to introduce myself first.

Again, thanks for the welcome

Marcus