• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Help building school

Country
southafrica
I wont know if I don't ask: so here it is:

there are many many great tutorials out there for designing scenery, aircraft and even repainting. And many of that many are from great designers as well. That is how I've learned to model.
One thing I've realized is that, the tutorials give you the steps how to do a certain thing, and there it stops. If you need support, or don't understand, you turn to forums for help, and sometimes take days to get a response, only to realize you don't know the basics... Like me having problems with the lights map ....
Well, after a lot of searching, I've found great software to host a proper school where you can enroll to a certain area of design, and the teacher can create a course for the student, with questionnaires, ect. For example there is subjects like Aircraft Repainting and Modelling using Gmax ect.. But one cannot enroll in the Gmax course before the Repainting course is passed. That makes sense, because the knowledge gained in repainting is used in Gmax modelling...
also you can grade the student's performance, and the student can get scores for each module.

Now the reason why i am posting this thread, is I am looking for Teachers that can help set up courses.
If you are interested in helping (it all will be free of course) visit http://school.fsworld.co.za/ and PM me here or if you have any questions, just reply here.

Please note, there are no place to enroll or register yet, as no courses are completed. to log in, use the following login details:

Login username: guest1
Password: Guest-01

This forum have a lot of gifted people, and I hope there arew some developers out there that are willing to help. especially for FSDS and Scenery design.

Best regards,

Jakes

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Interesting idea. I know this has been tried before.

Don't you expect to have problems with the different timezones people are in?

Personally I think most people who try to make some addon are not so interested in being graded. It is a hobby and should be fun. But a good system to interact and show how things can be done is very useful.

jetwelder

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
nice idea

thats a great idea....the people you need exist...they have answered many of my questions...but apart from giving up eating and sleeping. they may not have enough time to respond quickly enough to a desperate call for help...

thats why its an informal excercise....and gratefull i am when i do get a reply.

jim

Country
southafrica
Thank you Gentlemen,

It is just an idea, and my attempt to give back to the FS community that helped me a lot. To answer a few questions:

Don't you expect to have problems with the different timezones people are in?
Not really.It is not a hands-on course, and it is completely user friendly. The student completes it all in his/her own time. even Even the questionnaires are not time bounded, and is there just to test if the student understand the lesson. also if I could get teachers from different countries, the time zone would not really be a problem.

I think most people who try to make some addon are not so interested in being graded. It is a hobby and should be fun
I understand that, but the grading is only there to help a student NOT to proceed to the next module nless he understand the current module. the tests can be re take and the idea is not to try to make it difficult, but for fun.

But as I said, it is something i am trying to get up and running, and I cannot do it on my own. I don't have all the knowledge, and also not the time.

Enjoy,

Jakes

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought it was something with realtime interaction, but if I understand you it is more that somebody can work on it at his own time and get feedback later on.

The flaw in the concept is that the demand for specific learning is never batched. Its too small a community of people with interest.

And if you find success, good on you!

I think the way to give back is to become one of the teachers here. I see nothing wrong in the way you learned. But that's just me.

Country
us-northcarolina
I would be interested, possibly teaching an Airport Development class, if possible. I couldn't find where to create an account, so if you could point me in the right direction it would be nice. ;) You can email me: michael@flyfscarolina.com if you would like to discuss more!

Thanks

edit: just read where you said "no place to register yet..."

Country
southafrica
Thanks for the response so far! it is more than I've expected!

I think the way to give back is to become one of the teachers here. I see nothing wrong in the way you learned. But that's just me.

Thanks, I will always help out here, but I feel like a student still! :D

After all, the school is just an attempt, one cannot give up before even tried. I would LOVE to enroll in a course that teach me XML scripting in full, for example.

All of the best!

Jakes

Country
australia
I would be interested, possibly teaching an Airport Development class, if possible. I couldn't find where to create an account, so if you could point me in the right direction it would be nice. ;) You can email me: michael@flyfscarolina.com if you would like to discuss more!

Thanks

edit: just read where you said "no place to register yet..."

EDIT:I'm there now!!

But I really want to register as a student?

Last edited:
Country
southafrica
EDIT:I'm there now!!

But I really want to register as a student?

You will be able to register as a student the moment a course is completed. However, If mdm248111 would like you to be a student, as well as testing his lessons for any problems or hickups, he can contact me, and I can register you as a student for him! :)

I see he already made good progress! well done so far!

Last edited: