• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Help me exlude autogen from photoscenery

Country
us-illinois
Many thanks, George ! :D

BTW
: Would you see any reason that the OP might wish to utilize this Autogen annotation Vegetation type when re-annotating:

{ Vegetation Groupings} Dialog >
Groupings > Terrain Autogen Class Evergreen Forest and Fields > Regionalization of Evergreen Forest and Fields > Default > ag Forest Conifer (60)

...considering FS' default Land Class type below the custom photo-real BGL is "19 - Evergreen Forest and Fields" when that area was viewed in TMFViewer above ? :scratchch

FYI
: I'm thinking of scenarios in which one might use (1) or more, larger, special CVX exclude polygons with "custom Autogen Exclude" GUIDs that 'target' such custom content, rather than manually "searching, removing and replacing" individual Vegetation Polygons (and/or Vegetation Rectangles / 'squares') ...as a prelude to replacing pre-existing Autogen with custom Autogen ex: made semi-automatically via ex: AgenT or ScenProc, and possibly involving "merged" Autogen annotations. ;)

Thanks again for any further insights you might share with us all on this troubleshooting method. :)

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
estonia
Many thanks, George ! :D

BTW
: Would you see any reason that the OP might wish to utilize this Autogen annotation Vegetation type when re-annotating:

{ Vegetation Groupings} Dialog >

Groupings > Terrain Autogen Class Evergreen Forest and Fields > Regionalization of Evergreen Forest and Fields > Default > ag Forest Conifer (60)

...considering FS' default Land Class type below the custom photo-real BGL is "19 - Evergreen Forest and Fields" ? :scratchch

FYI
: I'm thinking of scenarios in which one might use (1) or more, larger, special CVX exclude polygons with "custom Autogen Exclude" GUIDs that 'target' such custom content, rather than manually "searching, removing and replacing" individual Vegetation Polygons (and/or Vegetation Rectangles / squares') ...as a prelude to replacing pre-existing Autogen with custom Autogen ex: made semi-automatically via ex: AgenT or ScenProc, and possibly involving "merged" Autogen annotations. ;)

Thanks again for any further insights you might share with us all on this troubleshooting method. :)

GaryGB
That is true, I am planning to exlude many autogen areas from the photoscenery

Country
us-illinois
Hi Erik:

It is apparent that the developers of "Tartu_photoscenery" may have used an automated method to create the Vegetation Polygons seen in the above screenies of EETU RWY-8 in FSX SDK Autogen Annotator.

I believe it may be possible to implement a "custom Autogen" Exclude utilizing 1 or more specific GUIDs that target the "custom Autogen" type used by the developers of "Tartu_photoscenery", so that one might use (1) or more, larger, special CVX exclude polygons ...that 'target' such custom content.

My available free time will be rather limited for the remainder of this weekend, but I anticipate contributing further to exploration of possible solutions for this troubleshooting scenario again, as early as tomorrow (Monday).

IMHO, it is important to the FS development community to have a way to either "extract / convert / edit / re-use" and/or "exclude and replace" default or custom scenery content in areas as small as possible (and in some cases, as large as possible) ...to minimize the amount of work required for creating one's own custom scenery content, then to display it on top of the FS terrain with top priority, but without chaotic disruption of- or "bleed-through" of- pre-existing scenery in other 'priority' layers as seen in the FS Scenery Library GUI. :pushpin:

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
us-illinois
GaryGB, Saturday at 08:57

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...autogen-from-photoscenery.438109/#post-752411

PS
: Erik, to further expedite this troubleshooting process, would you please attach or link to a reply in this thread, your CVX vector BGL with the "Airport Background Exclude Autogen" attribute output by ADE that is cited- and shown in your screenie- above ? ;)

GaryGB

Hi Again, Erik:

Possibly you might have missed seeing this prior request; if not, please feel free to send me a brief PM if there is any reason that you may not have wished to post a reply in the public forums. ;)

FYI: I am looking further into this troubleshooting process, now with additional consideration for your stated plans here:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...n-from-photoscenery.438109/page-2#post-752447

I am seeking to verify the factors involved in the existing Autogen configuration which one encounters in FSX when one has installed and loaded all the files that you cited in your OP above: :scratchch

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/help-me-exlude-autogen-from-photoscenery.438109/

I would like to examine your EEYU airport project file (*.AD4 file) as well as these CVX vector BGL output files you cited:

"I have tried airport background exclude autogen in ADE, and also AB_exlude autogen in SBuilderX"

Would you please ZIP up those files, and attach- or link to- that ZIP file to a reply here in this thread ? :pushpin:

I shall await your reply, as I review information and explore some additional options which may help further with the initial goal of excluding the un-wanted AGN trees in the EETU RWY-8 area, as well as with your apparent plans to:

"exlude many autogen areas from the (Tartu) photoscenery"

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
us-illinois
Hi Erik:

Regarding the immediate goal from the OP of removing Autogen trees from (only) the EETU RWY-8 airport boundary areas, your quickest and easiest procedure would likely be as George suggested above, using FS / P3D Autogen SDK Annotator to manually "edit" (1) or more of the (202) 'automatically' loaded / saved *an.AGN files in the "Tartu_photoscenery" package ...which are mapped to the (5) large custom photo-real aerial imagery BGLs output by FS SDK Resample. :pushpin:

I shall assume, of course, that you have permission from the Tartu photoscenery package developers to use their *an.AGN files ...if you intend to publicly distribute any derived / 'edited' resulting *an.AGN files. ;).

Regarding the planned goal of removing Autogen trees from "many autogen areas" of the "Tartu_photo-scenery" package, I believe that loading and panning of those (5) different custom photo-real aerial imagery BGLs within individual work-sessions of FS / P3D Autogen SDK Annotator ...may prove somewhat challenging while performing manual inspection and editing of the (202) mapped *an.AGN files. :alert:

IIUC, an alternative work-flow 'may' (possibly) be achieved using Arno's ScenProc utility and SBuilderX to: :idea:

1.) Import the (202) mapped *an.AGN files in the Tartu photoscenery package to ScenProc

2.) Export ESRI SHP files of the Autogen Annotator-derived "Vegetation Region" polygons (aka "AGN data")

3.) Append in SBuilderX, ESRI SHP files of the "AGN data"

4.) Edit in SBuilderX, vertex coordinate positions of the "AGN data" as required

NOTE: SBuilderX features a more easily-panned / zoomed aerial imagery background on which to work, IMHO

5.) Export from SBuilderX, ESRI SHP files of 'Edited' "AGN data"

6.) Import to ScenProc, ESRI SHP files of 'Edited' "AGN data" Exported by SBuilderX

7.) Export from ScenProc, 'edited' *an.AGN files to replace the original Tartu photoscenery package *an.AGN files

BTW: I am not certain yet, but one 'may' skip ScenProc AGN data export to ESRI SHP > SBuilderX Append / Edit by use of certain ScenProc functions on the imported *an.AGN files:

* ScenProc ReplacePolygonByVegetationRectangles function

< Converts "Vegetation Region" polygons to Vegetation Rectangles (aka "squares") for better 'granularity'

* ScenProc "SubtractFeatures" function

CAVEAT: Arno must verify whether the following procedure is currently possible in ScenProc

< Removes Autogen Vegetation Rectangles (aka "squares") from ex: Airport Boundary Polygons (aka "ABP"s) ? >

BTW
: Considering the small number of airports in Estonia, it may be feasible to manually create all the ABP's which match the photo-real aerial imagery for use with ScenProc.

But that same small number of airports in Estonia might also make it feasible to manually edit all the *an.AGN files in FS Autogen SDK Annotator ...your choice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airports_in_Estonia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airports_by_ICAO_code:_E#EE_.E2.80.93_Estonia

FYI: Use of ScenProc may require more advanced knowledge of the FS / P3D SDK and GIS syntax / methods. :coffee:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/scenproc.131/

Hope this helps with exploring options one may use to achieve your stated goals for your scenery project ! :)

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
us-illinois
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...autogen-from-photoscenery.438109/#post-752415

One can not exclude custom (autogen) with vector objects. One way is to remove them using Annotator.

Or, one could use scenery objects with autogen suppression.

Hello again to George Davison (aka "Golf-HotelDelta") < ...and also to Richard Ludowise (aka "rhumbaflappy") >

I just was reminded today of this consideration with regard to failure of CVX vector "Autogen Exclusion" using default ABP GUIDs as a function of the RenderPriority assigned to those object types within (the FS RTM default) Terrain.Cfg.

I was curious as to whether you may have found that even when the RenderPriority assigned to those object types within Terrain.Cfg is changed to a 'higher' parameter value, one still can not successfully exclude custom- as well as default- autogen annotations by using default ABP GUIDs ? :scratchch

FYI
: I "re-discovered" these threads today, and had not yet seen info elsewhere as to whether "fixing" RenderPriority assigned to default ABP GUIDs within Terrain.Cfg ...allowed one to successfully exclude custom- as well as default- autogen annotations by using default ABP GUIDs:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/luis-terrain-cfg-problem.4725/

http://www.simforums.com/forums/scenery-texture-resolution-setting_topic46516.html

http://www.simforums.com/forums/solved-addon-scenery-has-black-areas-trees_topic51510.html

Thanks in advance for any further update on what your findings are with regard to this issue with Terrain.Cfg RenderPriority for"Autogen Exclusion" using default ABP GUIDs. :)

GaryGB

Last edited: