help setting bleed air source broken?

Hi all,
This is my first post to this forum. I'm working on a Citation XLS panel for the aryusworks aircraft and I'm suddenly stuck to a very stupid issue.
I'm trying to change the bleed air source from "engine" to "apu" using the keyevent "K:BLEED_AIR_SOURCE_CONTROL_SET" , but for some reason it wont change the source and (A:BLEED AIR SOURCE CONTROL,enum) remains 0.

this is the code I use:
Code:
<Gauge Name="APU BLEED AIR valve Switch" Version="1.0">

(* 0=OFF 1=AUTO 2=APU 3=ENGINES *)

<Update>

(L:APU_BL_SW, bool) 1 == (A:BLEED AIR SOURCE CONTROL,enum) 0 == and if{ 2 (>K:BLEED_AIR_SOURCE_CONTROL_SET) }

(L:APU_BL_SW, bool) 0 == if{ 3 (>K:BLEED_AIR_SOURCE_CONTROL_SET) } 

</Update>

<Element>
      <Select>
         <Value>(L:APU_BL_SW, bool)</Value>
         <Case Value="0">
            <Image Name="W_SW_DN.bmp"/>
         </Case>
         <Case Value="1">
            <Image Name="W_SW_UP.bmp"/>
         </Case>
      </Select>
    </Element>

<Mouse>
      <Cursor Type="Hand"/>
      <Click>
      (L:APU_BL_SW, bool) ! (>L:APU_BL_SW, bool)

</Click>
    </Mouse>

</Gauge>
Just for sake of testing I try to use the BLEED_AIR_SOURCE_CONTROL_INC event and that one works but because the XLS uses a flip switch I cannot use that event(see attached image).
Can somebody tell me what I'm missing or be doing wrong?
thanks.
Adino

Attachments

Roy Holmes

Resource contributor
In the P3D V4.1 SDK the enum values for (A:BLEED AIR SOURCE CONTROL,enum) are given as:
0= min,1=auto, 2=off, 3=apu and 4=engines.
That differs from what you have in a comment and could be your issue
Roy

In the P3D V4.1 SDK the enum values for (A:BLEED AIR SOURCE CONTROL,enum) are given as:
0= min,1=auto, 2=off, 3=apu and 4=engines.
That differs from what you have in a comment and could be your issue
Roy
Thank you Roy for your feedback,
Actually I tried all those possibilities and I also tried the suggestions mentioned in a different post where it seems that the SDK had a them in the wrong order.
But non of them seem to workout for me I mean the (A:BLEED AIR SOURCE CONTROL,enum) variable is not even being set. I'm using FSX by the way, could that be the issue?
Adino

Roy Holmes

Resource contributor
As far as I can see in the FSX SDK the only events for BLEED_AIR_SOURCE_CONTROL are INC and DEC and they are in a section containing new events for FSX. The enum values are the same.
K:BLEED_AIR_SOURCE_CONTROL_SET is in P3D SDK but is missing from my paper copy of the FSX SDK. You can use INC to cycle through the values, I believe.
The SDK is not always correct, however.
Roy

Then most probably it cannot be set in FSX only P3D and that explains it all. The BLEED_AIR_SOURCE_CONTROL are INC and DEC works but in my case they don't really suits since I have a 2pos switch and not a rotary one. I will have to think trough a code to be able to use them for a 2pos switch.
Thank you for pointing me out in the good direction I was almost driving crazy on it without realising that I got the wrong SDK :rolleyes:..
Adino

I manage to get it work using this code:
Code:
<Gauge Name="APU BLEED AIR valve Switch" Version="1.0">

(* 0=AUTO 1=OFF 2=APU 3=ENGINES *)

<Update>

(L:APU_BL_SW, bool) 0 == (A:BLEED AIR SOURCE CONTROL,enum) 3 &lt; and if{ (>K:BLEED_AIR_SOURCE_CONTROL_INC) }

(L:APU_BL_SW, bool) 1 == (A:BLEED AIR SOURCE CONTROL,enum) 2 &gt; and if{ 3 (>K:BLEED_AIR_SOURCE_CONTROL_DEC) }

</Update>

<Element>
      <Select>
         <Value>(L:APU_BL_SW, bool)</Value>
         <Case Value="0">
            <Image Name="W_SW_DN.bmp"/>
         </Case>
         <Case Value="1">
            <Image Name="W_SW_UP.bmp"/>
         </Case>
      </Select>
    </Element>

<Mouse>
      <Cursor Type="Hand"/>
      <Click>
      (L:APU_BL_SW, bool) ! (>L:APU_BL_SW, bool)

</Click>
    </Mouse>

</Gauge>
The code is a kinda "goofy" but hey it does the work and it seems to work in all version of the ESP.
thanks all for guiding me trough.
Adino