• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Help to use

Country
italy
Hy
I have a question for the correcttexscale software.
I have read the description of the software,but i have problem for use it.When i compile the gmax file with makemdll;i have 2 file ASM.What is The file for recompile whit correcttexscale software?i have open one of two file and modify the line of the name of file,and write the _0.asm extension.But i have not the new file when i use correcttexscale.And when i recompile it with bglc compiler,i have not the new bgl file.Why???
Thank you:(

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
First, please post in the correct forum next time. You posted this in the FSDS origionally, while it has nothing to do with that tool.

You need to open the _0.asm file. After it has been processed, you need to recompile the main asm file with BGLC/BGLC_9 to get your new BGL/MDL file.

But if you are using the Fs2004 MakeMDL, I would suggest that you use MDL Tweaker instead of CorrectTexScale, as that tool is much easier to use.

Country
italy
Hy arno
Thank you for help me.Sorry if post the message in a folse post.
I have the makemdll 2002.But if i open the asm file and enclose the _0.asm extension,after i do enclosed in the end of this file the second asm file and after save all?
Thank you:eek:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

You do not have to put the two files together. Just edit the _0.asm file and then compile the other asm file with BGLC. The _0.asm file is automatically included in the new BGL that is then created.

Country
italy
Hy arno
I have follow your istruction,but nothing.The image is egual.I have enclosed the file of gmax and of the file of my object.Please can you see the enclosed and tell me the solution?If you can,sand me the file recompiled with your metod?:(

Thank you very much arno

Attachments

• Podio.zip
    59.9 KB · Views: 647
  • podio1.zip
    255.6 KB · Views: 654

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I have attached a zip files with the tweaked ASM files and a new BGL file compiled out of them.

But remember that sometimes blurry textures can also have other reasons. I am sure you have read all the different threads about this subjects. So this tweak alone might not always be enough.

Attachments

• podio_new.zip
    22.4 KB · Views: 548
Country
italy
Hy arno
Thank you for help me.
Sorry but..what is the coordinate Nord Est for see the object?:confused:

Thank you

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
The same as the ASM files you made, I did not change the coordinates, just used your ASM files.

Country
italy
Hy arno
Sorry me.The obiect is in my scenery.I have confused the add-on file in my add-on sceneri folder in fs library.But the object is egual at my ex file compiled:( .I have read in a post in a forum who fs2004 have a "motor grafic",not very good.Is it true?.This cause a low definition of object in fs?.:confused:

Thank you

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I don't really understand your questions here. The scenery engine of Fs2004 is not bad I would say, but it is possible that you are overloading your graphics card. That will result in blurry textures (you should not only see them on your object, but in the entire scenery in that case).